Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding customer doesn't send invite email

Nick Savage June 28, 2021

Hi -

Trying to add our employees as customers to our IT Helpdesk project in JSM. I've added both an existing employee and a test account and neither received via this page and neither received an invite email. 

I don't prefer this, but instead this is happening:

1. send a support request from either account >
  2. a confirmation email is returned from IT Helpdesk
  3. click on "View request" in confirmation email
  4. Prompted to login

In addition I haven't found yet the right info yet that discerns between "adding people" from this page

add people.png

And this page to add customersscreenshot-powerchord.atlassian.net-2021.06.28-13_43_40.png

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2021

Check to ensure:

1. project settings- customer notifications has invited enabled
  2. the request didn’t go into spam box

the first screen is used to manage what roles a user will have. For adding customers use the second screen.

Thanks @Jack Brickey - Yes customer notifications had invited enabled; no change. Nothing in spam or elsewhere; checked both test account and existing employee. customer notifications.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2021

Are these customers currently users of Jira software possibly? You mentioned you added a test account was that test account new in your instance?

There are a number of posts on email notifications in the Community that you might search and the following might help - troubleshoot-email-notifications-in-jira-service-management  

@Jack Brickey - Thank you 👍

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events