Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding custom fields to client-side Requests list

Ilya Ryabov October 28, 2021

Hello, guys.

I am struggling with service desk configuration. We have a couple of custom fields in our project for the issues that we are able to see and edit in agent interface. It would be perfect to have an ability to add those to customers view.

Seems that I can configure in "Customize requests list" only from limited number of fields:

Type
Reference
Summary
Status
Service project
Requester
Created date
Updated date
Due date
Assignee
Priority
I could not find a way to add my custom fields there. Please advise.

3 answers

1 vote
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 28, 2021

Hey @Ilya Ryabov ,

As I see, you're asking about the My Requests list. By default, you can't add any custom fields to the table. If you need it, you have to use the app, for example My Requests Extension for Jira Service Management which allows you to define which system and custom fields you want to present your customers in the table.

Best regards,

Kate

0 votes
Carles Oller
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 6, 2024

Need this functionality too. We don't find how to add our custom fields to request list

Carles

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2021

Hi @Ilya Ryabov ,

I am not sure if your project is team-managed or company-managed.

In a company-managed project, you must ensure that the fields you want to add on a request form are first of all added to the underlying screen that feeds the request form. 

When configuring the form, you should see a link to that screen as you can see here:

Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 11.05.56.png

As soon as the fields are on the Create Issue Screen (to refer to the example), you should be able to add them to your request form as well.

Maybe the fields you see from your agent view are on an edit screen (and not on the create screen) or are very special fields (e.g associated with a market place app).

Just keep in mind that those fields will only be available to the customer when they create a new request. An edit option of those fields for existing requests later on is not available out of the box.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events