Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Adding authenticated users to Customer Organisation

I'm having an issue adding users/customers to an organisation.

The problem I'm having is we have a publicly accessible portal and we've been encouraging (but not required) customers to sign up using their Microsoft accounts. We'd now like to add some of these people who've created customer accounts to an Organisation. I know who they are and I can identify them in the projects customer list. However, when I try to add them to the Organisation it appears to create an account conflict.

Here's a fake example 

John.Smith@microsoft.com signed up as a customer afew months ago. I can see his account in my JSM project It appears with a profile photo and in the existing customer list it says

John Smith (private email address)

So I know it's the person I want to add. Now I've created a new organisation called "Acme Products"

When I try to add John,Smith@Microsoft.com to the Acme Products Organisation, JSM does not link these 2 accounts. It treats John Smith (private email address) and John.Smith@microsoft.com as 2 separate customers.

John Smith (private email address) - appears under "customers"

John.Smith@microsoft,com - appears under the Organisation.

JSM is definitely not linking the 2 accounts because I had someone test it by adding their email address to an organisation. It wouldn't let me add their authenticated account to the organisation. I then tried sharing a job with that organisation and the user did not see the shared job. I had to share the job with them directly for them to see it.

If a person has an authenticated customer account there has to be a way to add them to an organisation. I've even tried opening the user profiles to see if I can add them there but no luck.

Any suggestions?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

268 views 0 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you