Adding a Form to Requests (JSM Issue) in a transition

Pouján (Jiralísta) December 8, 2022

Hi,

I was excited about Form functionality to collect more info from customers based on the step (issue progress).

I thought this would be basic functionality, but if it is, I can't find it, or find any documentation.
Problem: I have created a form, to colect a few fields from the customer, when the issue/request is in a specific status (or a certain transition has been carried out).

I cannot find anything in Workflow post-functions (e.g. add form to issue, or something similar) to dynamically add a certain form to an issue, nor can I find any Automation Action that can be triggered when a transition is run.

In the help section, there is this note:

Use automation to copy forms, add forms to issues, and even trigger actions based on form activity.

When I search form in automation New Action, nothing pops up. Maybe the section doesn't contain the name "form", which would be unfortunate?

Am I missing something, or should agents add forms "manually" to every issue, when it is time to ask certain info? That would be quite underwhelming and I hope it is not the case.

Thanks for any help in advance and all the best,

pj

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2022

This should be pretty straight forward, in its simplest form the automation would look something like this:

Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 3.48.21 PM.png

Pouján (Jiralísta) December 8, 2022

Hi Mikael,

Thanks! That was what I was looking for, but there is no Attach forms in our Automation.

If you are using Cloud, I guess there are two possible explanations.

Either the Action is not included in Standard Jira, or it has not been rolled out completely yet.

If you have any other ideas on why I can't find it, please let me know. :)

Here a screnshot of our Automation panel.

Best,

pjAutomation-Action-Jira.png

Andras M_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2022

Hey @Pouján (Jiralísta)

Looking at your screenshot, the rule is being setup within the Global automation panel. Depending on the Rule details, your automation scope may be including Jira Software projects where Forms have not been rolled out yet.

This can lead to certain actions such as Forms related actions not being available.

Would you mind adjusting the automation rule's project scope to a Jira Service Management project and trying to find the field again?

Pouján (Jiralísta) December 9, 2022

Hi Andras,

Thanks for the tip! I changed the scope to project type > Jira Service Management, but to no avail. The action is not being listed :(

Best,

pj

Andras M_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2023

Hey @Pouján (Jiralísta) - I apologize for the delay in updating this but I wanted to circle around on it.

If you're editing the automation rule from the project itself as opposed to the Global automations page, the Attach form option should be available.

The following feature request tracks the possibility of attaching forms for multi project automation rules: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-11399

Regards,

Andras

Pouján (Jiralísta) March 15, 2023

Hi Andras,

Ok so the feature is still missing for some rule that goes beyong one single project.

Hope it is implemented soon, although with how fast Atlassian is improving its products at the moment I'm not very optimistic this will be done before 2030 ;)

Best, pj

Like Ignas Selvestravičius likes this
Andras M_
Atlassian Team
March 16, 2023

Hey @Pouján (Jiralísta)

That sounds about right with regards to the feature not being present on Automation rules configured for multiple projects.

To confirm, when accessing a single project scoped automation rule via the project itself, you're able to see the Attach form action?

Thanks,

Andras

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events