Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding 100+ options in a single choice list custom field in the incident issue type

Wojciech Kubiak April 15, 2021

Hi Community!,

I'm creating a request form for the incident issue type in ITSM and would like to add a custom field with closed but large list of single choice options. System allows me to input it manually. But I have more than 100 options and I expect the list will grow so I would like to have easy way to update it in bulk (e.g. from CSV file or through link to a separate Jira project).

Any ideas how to do it?

Thanks 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

Hi @Wojciech Kubiak , 

this can be done with a CSV import : you would need to import dummy issues, where each issue would have a value from your field list. You'll then be able to import the CSV and map the column with your values to your custom field. It would look like this : 

Summary,MyList

Test1,Option1

Test2,Option2

TestN,OptionN

You can then perform a CSV import on a test project, and after all values are imported delete the dummy issues.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Wojciech Kubiak April 17, 2021

Thanks, that one solution I have already found. The question is how to keep the list updated, if I expect it to grow quicky?

I see only manual updates for now.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2021

Manual updates are with some likeliness needed in the long-run. From my understanding if you need to add/change/delete values that often some users connect to an external database (or similar solution) where the logic you ask for is kinda "outsourced".

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events