Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add resolution reasons to resolution drop down list

Supakij Ngamwongpaiboon August 20, 2021

I'm looking to add other reasons for closing a ticket. The out of the box options are the current choices:

jiraresolution.PNG

I am looking to add more to that resolution list. I found a few solutions from 2019 that doesn't seem viable today, does anyone have the steps to add custom options to this resolution drop down list? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2021

Hi Supakij,

As Nic said, this hasn't changed for a long time.

Before creating new resolutions, I would consider if it's essential and try to go with more generic options other than specific ones.

Here you can find the Atlassian documentation on best practices on using the "Resolution" field.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/best-practices-on-using-the-resolution-field-968660796.html

Here is the Atlassian documentation on adding, editing, or deleting the "Resolution" field options.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-statuses-resolutions-and-priorities/#Configuringstatuses-resolutions-andpriorities-Adding-editing-anddeletingaresolution

Cheers,

Melo

Thanks for this. I realized that I was looking under Project Settings and not from the cog on the top right

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2021

The principle hasn't changed since Jira 2, back in the early noughties, let alone 2019, although changes to the structure of the admin sections have moved the links around a bit since then.

Go to Admin -> Issues -> Resolutions and amend the list.

By the way, someone already has - the list you are seeing is not the off-the-shelf list.  Auto-resolved and information only are not installed resolutions.

I see, I don't see the option of Admin -> Issues -> Resolution. The only options I see under project settings are Issue Type, Issue Security, and Issue Collector. 

Turns out I was in the wrong area. I was looking under Project Settings and not from the cog settings on the top right of the page

Like Suvradip Paul likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events