Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add participant to scrum board

Sergio M. Gard January 5, 2024

How can I add participant to my scrum board?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2024

Hi @Sergio M. Gard 

You can't. I guess you have a Scrum Board that shows Issues from one project? (That's the default).

You need to add the person to the project by assigning a project role, such as user: Add users to your project | Jira Work Management Cloud | Atlassian Support

Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2024

Some words on the basic concept:

Projects contain issues. One issue is only ever part of one project. Hence the unique ID with the project key.
Boards are views of issues. Boards can show issues of one or more projects or even a subset of those issues.
That is all controlled by the board filter.

People have access to Projects (and the issues in it). They can see all boards, but can only view and edit the issues on it that they have access to trough their project roles.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2024

Thank you for quoting me!

3 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2024

Hi @Sergio M. Gard ,

In a company managed project, board is available to all users who can view the saved filter on which the board is based.
Note that they'll also need
Browse project permission for the project(s) whose issues are shown on the board.
To share a board with different people, you'll need to either edit the saved filter OR choose a different filter

In a team managed project, you need to add users to project access
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/add-people-to-team-managed-projects/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events