Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add new request type option for email requests

Kamilia Binti Julaihi May 13, 2024

Hi, I wanted to set the 'Incident' request type as the default for email requests. I've tried configuring several features to align with my company's standards, but I'm left with this feature unresolved. Here are the options for email request types in my project. I followed this support article (Choose a request type for email requests | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support). Please help me add the 'Incident' request type option back to my project.

msedge_YR2RYhIAQI.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nadhila Savira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2024

Hey Kamilia!

I'm from the JSM team, and I'm here to answer your question.

It is possible that your "Incident" request type has more required fields than is allowed for the email channel. Of course, due to the email channel only receiving emails, it is difficult for the system to allow ticket creation if more than the Summary and Description fields are required.

As stated in the page that you linked,

"A suitable request type for receiving email requests must have both Summary and Description fields visible, and any other visible fields must be optional."

Hope this helps!

Kamilia Binti Julaihi May 15, 2024

Hi Nadhila!

Thank you for your response. I have tried including only the Summary and Description, as required for the email channel, and it works. 

Like Nadhila Savira likes this
0 votes
Bastien Delourmel May 13, 2024

Hello @Kamilia Binti Julaihi

Is your incident request hidden from the portal?

Can you show how your incident is set up?

Thanks

Kamilia Binti Julaihi May 13, 2024

Hi @Bastien Delourmel ,

No, it is not hidden from the portal. I edited a few existing settings in the project and may have accidentally deleted the option required in the email request types.msedge_oM9RWzR4uY.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events