Add customer notes (or internal notes) in the customer portal

Manuel Alejandro Rodriguez Muñoz January 2, 2023

Hello dears

Thanking you for your valuable support...

Is it possible to add customer notes from the customer portal? In other words, internal notes can be created at the client level, in the same way that agents do from the "agent" view...

Thank you very much, regards.

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2023

Hi @Manuel Alejandro Rodriguez Muñoz ,

By default, it's impossible to add any notes or other information about customers or organizations in Jira Service Management. You can only put information into internal comments in requests.

You can use an app developed by my team called Customer and Organization Management. Keep in mind that it's paid solution but free for up to 10 users. With this app, you can collect additional data about customers and organizations not only as the agent. Your customers can also provide information about them. 

Hope it will help you.

Best regards,

Kate

Hello, I apologize, you are absolutely right, our requirement is to be able to create an internal note in the agent view for each issue... Not a note as an internal comment, it would be more like a highlighted note that is visible only to the agents... Type announcement of some peculiarity or situation of a client!

Thanks a lot

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2023

Hi @Manuel Alejandro Rodriguez Muñoz 

I don't think it's possible. May I ask what is the need behind this? An agent is supposed to see everything and to be responsible for resolving a request. What good would do an internal note from/to all customers excluding the agents?

Hello Alex, I apologize, you are absolutely right, our requirement is to be able to create an internal note in the agent view for each issue... Not a note as an internal comment, it would be more like a highlighted note that is visible only to the agents... Type announcement of some peculiarity or situation of a client!

Thanks a lot

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events