Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add custom fields to and organization

Angelica Hernandez April 9, 2021

Hello, 

I need to add some detailed information to the organization, data that is relevant to the agent to solve the issues.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Regards 

2 answers

0 votes
Nigel Rochford
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 17, 2021

Hi! Have a look at Crumbs - this is the use case we designed it for.

You can capture things like support entitlement or just generic information like address/description, and then use it in context with Jira issues. You can also use JQL to appeal to the information and use it when defining SLAs, or automation rules.

A typical example would be to check if an organisation has valid support entitlement before you respond. If they don't, then use our JQL functions in an automation rule and raise a task for customer success/sales so that they can have the right conversation with the right person!

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222515/crumbs-simple-crm-for-jira-and-jsm?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2021

You're not really asking a question here. 

Service desks are complicated, so you'll need to be much more specific with what you need help with.

Angelica Hernandez April 9, 2021

@Chris Buzon Thanks for your quick response.

Im talking about the organizations component of the Service management, I just can add a name, and create/link the clients.

Im asking, how I can add more detail for the organizations. For example a description, the dates of the support contract, software related to the contract and other details specifically to client´s organization. 

I hope, this comments clarify my request. 

Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2021

Hi @Angelica Hernandez ,

By default, you can't add any additional information to the organization. You can create an organization, add customers... and that's all.

To collect additional information about organizations (and customers as well), I can recommend you to try our app Customer Details for Jira Service Management. It allows you to define what type of data do you need, for example Description, Software etc. It's configured in the Design a form section. In the People section, you can put all info into defined fields and check what data is stored.

You can also read an article about this app published on the Atlassian community.

In case of any questions, let me know.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events