Add custom button and give new functionality to it

Melina RAMPERSANDS April 2, 2023

Hi,

I want to add one custom button with caption "create problem"  in  View mode on incident record after creation and when I click on the button I want to create a new problem request based on the value given in incident screen.

Is it possible to do in Jira service management ??

2 answers

1 vote
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

Hi @Melina RAMPERSANDS 
You can't do this with a "button" as such. Closest solution I can think of would be to create a manual trigger automation rule that creates a Problem ticket and copies over all the relevant info from the Incident you trigger the Automation rule from.

The downside to the approach, be it button or Automation is; It encourages a one to one Incident to Problem situation. The beauty of curating (not automating) the generation of problems is, it encourages a many (similar) incidents to One problem ticket. Which is a common definition of a Problem.
See: Differentiating Problems and Incidents | Global Knowledge

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

Hi @Guru 

If by custom button you mean a "transition" which will appear under the transition button on issue view then:

• You have to create a transition screen
  • On the above transition screen you have to place you custom fields which will be used on the new request type
  • Place this transition screen on a new transition or on an existing one
  • Add a PF on the above transition to create the issue with the corresponding request type and copy the new custom field values from the incident issue to the new problem issue/request type
Melina RAMPERSANDS April 3, 2023

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Thank you for reply.

I am not getting clearly can you give a brief step by step procedure to satisfy my requirement ??

Melina RAMPERSANDS April 3, 2023

Hi,

Custom button means user created button like save, cancel buttons, like that I want to create a button with caption "create problem" in view issue screen and when I click on the button, I need to create a problem with the same value containing in incident screen.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2023

That would be best done by clicking "create issue" in the menu bar.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events