Add a text message to transition screen

Magdalena Pavlović December 5, 2022

How can I add a text message to show up on transition screen?

I would like to add a message "Make sure you have inserted the time spent in to Tempo!"

I have tried adding a custom field but they are all input fields, none of them displays a preset message.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

Hi @Magdalena Pavlović welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Insert a validator in the transition to make the Time Spent field required (>0). Put your message as error message.

Hi @Dave Mathijs , Thanks!

This unfortunately will not work for us. We have some issues that move back trough the workflow so we sometimes have issues that already have time spent >0

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

As an alternative, what you could do is create a read-only custom text field and add that field to the transition screen.

Like Iliana likes this

I have created a custom field as shown on the prtsc but it opens an input field, it does not simply show a message. 

Screenshot at Dec 05 13-14-58.png

Should I select a different field type?

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2022

@Magdalena Pavlović 

Actually, it's the Message Custom Field (for edit), my apologies.

Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 13.38.46.png

@Dave Mathijs Still just an input box

Screenshot at Dec 05 13-43-46.pngScreenshot at Dec 05 13-44-15.png

Perhaps it would be easier to add a time spent field so they can add time spent directly here if they need to?

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2022

You need to set a default value for your Message Custom Field.

Thad did add a text to it but I still have the comment box

Screenshot at Dec 05 13-51-15.png

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2022

The comment box is always added to a transition screen by default. Personally, I would add the Log Work field to the transition screen as well.

Like Iliana likes this

There is no way to hide or remove it? 

We are using Tempo for time tracking and I do not see an option to add Tempo as a field.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2022

The comment box appears when the user has permissions to comment on the issue.  You could turn that off at a status level, or just completely remove it.

Like # people like this
Magdalena Pavlović December 6, 2022

Thank you, this worked!

Like Dave Mathijs likes this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- That's kudos for you too, incoming ...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events