Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a custom field to the notifications to customer

Rob Rushing April 2, 2023

In the customer notification settings in JSM you can edit the email that is sent to customers. I use a "solution" field to track what has been done when a ticket is resolved. Is there any way I can add the solution custom field to the notification chain that customers get with their ticket?

I know how to set up an automation that sends an email when a resolution is given and include the solution field to that. But that will send the email as a new chain. 

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2023

@Rob Rushing -

As of right now, there is a feature request https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-4642 outstanding to allow admins to add custom field into Customer Notifications template.  Unfortunately, it is still being reviewed by Atlassian.  You probably already know that there are only a set of fields that you can add into the template -

2023-04-02_21-10-56.png

You only other option is to use automation rule with "send email" action to utilize/add custom fields values into the email notification outside of the normal Customer Notifications process.  You will need to utilize issue smart values to extract the custom fields values into your "send email" action's notification - https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/

I would recommend that you add yourself to the feature request as a watcher for the latest updates from Atlassian.

Sorry.  Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Rob Rushing April 3, 2023

Thank you for the help! What we are going to do is simply require the agent to copy the content of the custom field as a comment during the transition so the customer receives them both at the same time.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events