Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Authorization Header to Webhook

JJ October 2, 2020

I am trying to call an external API which then triggers some automation in another system to run.  In order to call that API, I must pass an "Authorization: Bearer 1234104391902348" header to the endpoint.  How is the best way to accomplish this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2020

@JJ First of all, welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Now, coming to your question, this is not supported as of now.

You can pass some form of authentication using query parameter, but custom headers is not supported. For example if site you are calling provide personal access token, you can have URL like,

http://HOOK_SITE?token=PERSONAL_TOKEN

This feature was always on Atlassian list but they never got enough requests to pursue this. I will suggest you log a ticket for this (or add comment to existing one).

JJ October 5, 2020

Hi DPK, appreciate the quick response.  Unfortunately I'm just using the free version right now, so I can't add a ticket.  Maybe someone else who wishes to have this feature can do so.  I'm happy to upvote it!!

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2020

I'll take some time out and will try to that for you.

Like JJ likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events