Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Assignees

OCP Admin August 24, 2022

OCP Help (Jira Service Desk Project)

OCP Help - Queues - Service project - Jira Service Management (atlassian.net)

Agent (5)

1. OCP Admin (Lead) OCPAdmin@dcas.nyc.gov
  2. Eric Hsiao (Prime Agent) EHSIAO@dcas.nyc.gov
  3. Lorie Chu (Prime Agent) lchu@dcas.nyc.gov
  4. Abigail Satnarine (New Agent) ASantnarine@dcas.nyc.gov
  5. Valeria Odreman (New Agent) vodreman4@dcas.nyc.gov

In our service desk project, we used automation to assign ticket automatically to Eric and Lorie (This is perfect). However, Eric and Lorie need to reassign tickets to Abigail and Valeria need base. They can NOT see their name (Abigail and Valeria) in Assignee drop down field. I already added Abigail and Valeria as our 4 and 5 Agents. Both have access on service desk, but Abigail can NOT see tickets on her desktop screen.

Issues need to resolve:

1. Eric and Lorie can reassign tickets.
  2. Abigail can see ticket on service desk project.

Thanks for your help.

3 answers

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2022

Hi @OCP Admin 

At the moment it appears that the license for your site has expired.  This is why these accounts are not behaving as expected.  Once the license for Jira Service Management has been updated/renewed, then I expect that this will work as expected.

I can see that you already have a support case over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/35/CA-1938345 to address that aspect.

Once the license has been renewed that should resolve the problem here.

Andy

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

Thanks for pitching in @Andy Heinzer!

Really helpful to know that this is due to expired license.

1 vote
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022
  1. Eric and Lorie must have the assign issue permission (see Permission on project's setting)
  2. Give her the same project roles as the agents who can view issues. If the problem is not solve, I would check to see the issue security scheme.
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2022
  1. In addition, Abigail and Valeria must have the assignable user permission

Thanks Alex.

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2022

@OCP Admin did you try typing their name?

I already added Abigail and Valeria with full permission, but I could NOT see them as an Assignee. Thanks.

Jira OCP Users.PNG

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin they have the browse project permission. Otherwise Lorie wouldn't be able to see anyone.

@OCP Admin 

1. Did Abigail shared with you any screenshot of the empty screen? If she simply doesn't see any tickets, she can be looking at an empty queue, OR you have set a security level on issue security scheme, which prevents her from seeing any ticket.
  2. Ask Lorie to type on the assignee field Abigail's or Valeria's name. If this doesn't work I would suggest contacting Atlassian via the support.
  3. Ask Abigail and Lorie to use another browser with private window to login. Could be a cache issue as well.
Like Joseph Chung Yin likes this
OCP Admin August 26, 2022

Thanks

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2022

@OCP Admin -

In addition to what @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ stated (I can also confirmed), you need to check your JSM project's permission scheme to ensure what Alex mentioned are setup.  In general, the project role that should have those rights is "Service Desk Team"

2022-08-24_8-41-33.png

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Hi, I added two new users ( Abigail and Valeria) with current users (Eric and Lorie). However, I could NOT find out them in Assignee drop down list. 

Jira OCP Users.PNGJira OCP Assignee.jpg

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2022

@OCP Admin -

Have you added those two users to your JSM project's "Service Desk Team" role?  + Verified that the role has "Assignable User" permission setup?

Best, Joseph

I believe that I did and gave them access for OCP Help access. See the first attached picture Jira OCP Users. Thanks.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2022

@OCP Admin -

What is their project role assignment.  It is not where you control them at the Site level.  Go into your project's Project settings >> People ..  Make sure they are there and associated to the "Service Desk Team" role.

2022-08-24_13-33-48.png

Best, Joseph

OCP Admin August 25, 2022

Joshep,

I already grant them more roles (Service Desk Customer and Service Desk Team). Abigail can login but she could NOT see any ticket on screen and Lorie could NOT reassign ticket to Abigail. As a team, they should reassign ticket each other. I am still looking for help.

Thanks - OCP Admin.

Jira OCP People Role.PNG

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2022

@OCP Admin -

Can you screenshot on what your permission scheme configuration for us, so we can take a look?

Best, Joseph

Jira OCP Admin detail.PNG

Can I get a direct phone number for technical support? It is taking long time to resolve a small issue. Thanks.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2022

@OCP Admin -

For direct technical support, you will need to go contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com).  They don't have a direct phone number.

In regards to the Community ask, it is provided by members of the community.

Lastly, the permission scheme should be via Project settings >> Permissions and it is not at the Site level.  Your screenshot was from the wrong places.

Best, Joseph

Jira Service Desk Permission Scheme.PNG

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2022

Need to see the following under the issue permission section of the Permissions configuration -

2022-08-25_9-28-25.png

Also you need to make sure that your newly added users also belong to the group assigned with Browse users and groups Global Permission via Systems

2022-08-25_9-30-27.png

Best, Joseph

Jira OCP Issue Permissions.PNG

Jira OCP Global Permission Gorups.PNG

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2022

@OCP Admin -

Your project permission configuration looks good where "Service Desk Team" has the appropriate permissions and according your previous response/update that your new users are added to the project in question to the "Service Desk Team" role.

Now your final check will be checking the Global permissions setup to ensure the two users are in the groups where "Browse Users and Groups" are defined.

To check Global Permissions setup - Go to Systems >> Global permissiions.

Best, Joseph

Good morning Joseph,

I already have done those steps previously. I told you the issues:

1. Abigail could NOT see any tickets on screen after login (Empty screen).

2. Lorie could NOT reassign to Abilgail and Valeria (she has Assignee dropdown list with options Eric, Unassigned and Automatic). Thanks.

OCP Admin

Jira OCP Global Permission 1.PNG

Jira OCP Global Permission Groups 2.PNG

Jira OCP Global Permission Groups jira-servicedesk-users 3.PNG

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2022

@OCP Admin -

Everything looks correct.  At this time, the only suggestion that I have beside what @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ latest comments is for you to contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for further assistance.

On my end, once we added the new users (Agent licenses assigned) to JSM project's Service Desk Team role, they all show up in the assignee's dropdown.

Sorry.

Best, Joseph

Thanks.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2022

@OCP Admin -

Based on the latest response from the Atlassian Team/Atlassian support that the issue you are facing was because of your JSM licenses have expired.  

Hope once your licenses are renewed, then your issue will be resolved.

If you find both my assistances + @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ assistance have helped, please click on Accept answer to our postings.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events