Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Directory integration

Hugo Godinho February 3, 2021

Hello Atlassian Community, 

Currently in the company i'm working for, we have Jira Service Desk, Jira Core and Confluence.

We are looking into moving everything to the Cloud versions, and one of the topics of discussion at the moment is the user authentication.

Currently we have LDAP setup on all the jira products, so we are wondering how do we best integrate Jira Cloud, for example, with an on prem Active Directory?

Kind Regards,

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021

Hi @Hugo Godinho 

This answer suggests this might be possible.

I would check out:

These pages mention what is needed/available, and what additional products you might require in Cloud (like Atlassian Access).

Ste

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021

That is good info Stephen and I want to dig into this more to understand if Access is in fact not required which would be really nice. My understanding has historically been it was required. Fingers crossed.

Hugo Godinho February 5, 2021

Thanks @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ and @Jack Brickey 

I will have a read on this now!! 

Appreciate it.

Have a good weekend.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2021

My understanding is that for Cloud you would need to incorporate Atlassian Access. Here is an old issue that was recently updated that discusses the various integrations with user management. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-79 

Hugo Godinho February 5, 2021

Thanks @Jack Brickey

I will have a look at that request.

Have a good weekend.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events