Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access requests - not user but customer

Anthony R June 28, 2021

I have had a number of people in my organisation request USER access but that is not what they require, they only require customer access.

Is there an easy way to assign a person who submits a user access request to a Portal CUSTOMER or do they need to log in again (seperately) to get a portal customer log in?

I found a  similar question but it's from 2018 so I'm hoping there might be a more current answer?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2021

Hello @Anthony R,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

On Jira Service Management, customers can be manually added by admins/agents or they can create their own accounts. Currently, they don’t have an option to request access.

The Access requests work only for internal access. Users ask for access to specific products and if approved, they will have access as a user, it’s not possible to add them as customers. Customers must be added directly to the desired Service Management project.

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability, but it was closed due to inactivity this month: 

I added this question as an internal comment, but feel free to add a comment to the ticket, so our developers and product managers can view it. 

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events