Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access for Multiple Projects

Oliver Lloyd
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 8, 2021

I need multiple projects.

Project A,B,C,D,E

A, B and C are setup with access only for customers who are added to project.

Project D and E, I don’t want customers of the other projects to see these but I don’t have a defined list of customers so need this to be open.

Issue at the moment is customer of project B sees B, D and E when I give them access to B. I don’t want them to see D and E.

How can I configure this?

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

@Oliver Lloyd

Welcome to the community. 

Are project D and E set to Anyone on the web?
Capture.PNG

If project D and E are setup this way then any customer in A, B or C will be able to access the project.  If this is not the case are you using Organizations?  If you are and you are using that same organization on all three projects the customers will be added to all three projects.

Oliver Lloyd
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 9, 2021

Yes, D & E are set to anyone on the web.

So are we saying there is no workaround for this? If i want a customer of B to not see project D or E my only option is to remove the "Anyone on the Web" and restrict to people i add as customers to that project?

Thanks,

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2021

Yes if you would like to lock those projects down you will need to change the permissions.  If it is marked anyone on the web then anyone who has access to any of your service management project or an account in your help center (top level of the portal) will be able to see those service management projects.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events