Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About handeling Portal Customers

Lukas Pieger June 29, 2020

My company has a Software Porduct for a wide variety of consumers and we now want to integrate the service portal into our solution as seamless as possible. Is there currently a way to cut the whole account creation process and just create a customer-portal account based on the login credentials from our service?

Thanks for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2020

Hi @Lukas Pieger ,

If you're talking about avoiding creating customer accounts for a service desk project it might be possible through Automation. 

You could create a rule that is triggered by an Incoming webhook, sent from your service and including their details, then use the Create Service Desk Customer action to register their account.

Hopefully that helps.

Cheers,

Simeon.

Lukas Pieger July 1, 2020

Hi @Simmo ,

thanks for your answer and yes this is exactly what I meant.

I have already explored this possibility but I haven't found a way to set the users password through this method. How would I handle that?

Best regards,

Lukas

Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2020

Hi @Lukas Pieger ,

I'm afraid that you can't do this through Automation. I had a quick look at service desk's rest API (https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/) but I don't think that they support that either! Sorry!

Cheers,

Simeon.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events