Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Able to clone / deploy a test environment and production environment on the same server

Quoc Nghia, TRAN August 29, 2020

Hi all,

I am planning to deploy the production environment after the stage of testing.

Could you advise me that could we deploy a test environment (remaining for further testing) and the production environment on the same server?

And my next concern is that there is any way to clone the testing environment to the production (with all data/files)? And still, keep these environments working separately (I think can do it via different port/folder).

Furthermore, I am expected that the production working on Microsoft SQL Server for the database configuration. There is any impact on my setup, is it?

Any help will be completely appreciated.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Trevan Householder_Isos-Tech-Consulting_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2020

@Quoc Nghia, TRAN I highly discourage you from running Prod and Test on the same server. In fact, don't run anything else on the same server.  I recommend Jira and Confluence on their own servers, and Jira Test and Confluence Test on separate servers.

Quoc Nghia, TRAN September 30, 2020

Thank you for your advice.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events