Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to have more than one JSM site for organization

Romy Meyers April 29, 2024

Afternoon,
I am inquiring about the ability to spin up separate instances of jira service desk under our organization. We have two very distinct types of services and would like to separate them into their own instance/site. The main reason for this is the customer facing portal. We would like to turn it on for one instance and not the other. Currently, the portal displays data (request types, status, etc) across all of our customer projects under the one site and there is no way for us to control certain areas of the customer portal to filter out those items that I am aware of (e.g remove the request type dropdown on the list of issues on portal, etc)
We currently have the standard plan of JSM cloud. 

thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2024

HI @Romy Meyers ,

If you want multiple instances or sites, you'll need to be on the Enterprise plan. 

Believe this may help solve your issue by using custom domains to redirect customers to specific portal sites. Here's the ticket for it.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-1627

Romy Meyers April 30, 2024

Thank you Benjamin for responding.

So if I am reading the custom domains correctly, it appears that it is just changing the URL to make it more user friendly? However, wouldn't that still point to the existing JSM site and the portal would still reflect data from all customer projects under that site?! OR is there an ability to indicate what customer projects are associated with that custom domain?! 

Example: on the portal in the requests created by me list, the Request Type dropdown is showing all request types per project when the user is actually logged in to a portal and associated with just one of the customer projects (restricted access). Same with the Status dropdown. This can cause all kinds of confusion. And to top it off, we cannot remove the Request Type drop down. 

Thanks for any additional information you can provide to shed light on configuring the portal. and THANK YOU!
Romy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events