Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to automatically route issues to relevant assignee

Melle van Keulen June 29, 2021

Looking for ways to automate the reporting process as much as possible. To what extent is it possible to automatically route an issue -based on categorization- to the relevant assignee? (Instead of manually choosing an assignee)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2021

There are a number of ways of doing this it really comes down to what your conditions are. One way is to use components and set up a component lead all issues under a specific component will get a sign to a specific component lead. Another way might be through automation. You could set up automation every time an issue is created inspect the issue based on conditions then assign it to the specific person. If you can share more information about your conditions or what you’re trying to achieve I might be able to give you a more specific answer. 

Melle van Keulen June 29, 2021

I'm not sure if I understand the 'it really comes down to what your conditions are' part correctly. Is the information below helpful?

We manage multiple systems which you can subdivide into different subsystems. The (sub)systems have different responsible persons.

What we are looking for: Suppose the issue is categorized as system 1, then based on that categorization person A must be notified of this issue. If it concerns system 2, then responsible person B must receive a report. Etc.

To elaborate on this, if it concerns a subsystem (and the issue is categorized accordingly), then the person responsible for that part of the system should be given notice.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2021

Yes understood. My question comes down to how are you categorizing issues today or are you? Do you have some custom field that you use to Characterize an issue? If so then you could use Automation to update the assignee based upon the value in the field.

The point here is you can easily assign issues to individuals based upon various conditions associated with the issue. It could be a custom field, the components field, priority, etc.

Melle van Keulen June 30, 2021

Based on your information I started setting up multiple automations within de service project and it is working very well. Easy to learn and set up. Your comprehensive responses are appreciated. Have a nice day!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2021

Very happy it worked out Melle!

Melle van Keulen October 13, 2021

@Jack Brickey Until now, we used components to route issues to the right person. Because the components list is getting too extensive and large, we're trying to set up categorisation s via the field 'Product Categorization'. I'm can't seem to figure out how to route issues based on the set product categorization field. If there's no way, are there other options to use for categorization? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events