Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to automate an Insight (CSV/JSON) Import?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

Hey everyone,

While recently the feature of URL import was launched it does already make it easier to upload your data in to Insight. 

However from what I can see this cannot be scheduled (unless you use an automation with a webhook) and it currently only allows public https url's without authentication.

So it's less of a "let's trigger an existing import" but more "let's take this whole thing outside of the import mechanism inside Insight"

This is a bit of a bottleneck since most customers will not like to put their datasets just online for everyone to find.

So my question, has anyone played around with the REST API (or any other API) to grab a csv/json file and push the data in to Insight?

I did find a github project (about a year old) that should do this but instead of just using code that is available online I would love to understand what exactly is happening and figure out the process myself.

So any help in the right direction related to the API would be appreciated :)

I also looked in to the "External Imports" type but that doesn't seem to be able to upload/use existing (manually created) objectTypes.

Eventually I can look at a language to write this in but the logic of the system seems more important than the scripting language which might be used. I'm sure any of the common languages (Python/PowerShell/....) can handle this fine :)

1 answer

0 votes
Boswell, Richard October 3, 2022

@Dirk Ronsmansthe External Imports seems to support manually created objectTypes. I'm doing this now without issue. Did you run into something specific?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events