Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AQL Conditional Check

Alex Thousand June 5, 2023

I am wondering if anyone has any work arounds or if this is something that can get escalated. To describe what is going on, I have a bit of automation that will check to see if a reporter email/name is within an object schema called "users". It works by doing an AQL lookup using the email address of the reporter against the email address of a "user" set within that "users" object schema every time an issue is created. I have tested it and it does work. But I come into an issue when a reporter is not added to the "users" object schema. The automation throws an error, even though technically there isn't an error.

I am looking to see if there is a conditional check that goes like this:

"If the email address of the reporter exists within the object schema "users", continue the automation."

That way when the look up doesn't return an object, the automation doesn't throw an error.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Thousand June 5, 2023

I was able to answer my own question after a bit of reflection and thinking. While it would be nice to have an AQL conditional check. I was able to solve it using the following:

2023-06-05_15-44-04.png

Atlassian Admin February 21, 2024

Sorry

Laura De Vita February 21, 2024

Hi @Alex Thousand  ,

I also managed to resolve the check of the presence or absence of the user based on the result of the AQL query in lookupObject.

Schermata 2024-02-21 alle 12.48.28.png 

Best Regards,

Laura

Like Atlassian Admin likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS