Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALL Jira Emails are not sending to certain users

Matthew Hutchinson September 20, 2022

I am having a reoccurrence of an issue that a member of the Atlassian team had to resolve due to the issue being on the side of Atlassian.

This is the reply I received last time this happened: 

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

Checking your email address on our tools, returned the following error:

550: 550 Unknown user 

Checking the domain, it returned four affected email addresses due to the same error.

I removed the bounces and the notifications should work now.

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

The issue is that certain people don't receive any email, there's no issues in the email tool, the user is unable to receive password notifications, sign up notifications, anything. There are no rules that would impact this as I am the system administrator. I have followed the IP and domain whitelisting at the beginning of using Jira.

My previous ticket was not answered regarding this and it's not something I can resolve myself. 

Regards,

Matthew

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Josiane Oliveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2022

Hi Matthew, I hope you're doing good!

Since this case involves delicate information and you have raised a request before, feel free to raise it again here so our team can better investigate what's happening.

Or if you want to, you can share with me the ticket you mentioned that was not answered so I can check it for you! :)

Also, we have a Feature Request related to this topic: JRACLOUD-67264 

If that feature is of your interest, please click on Vote for this issue so its visibility and popularity are increased. I also recommend you watch this ticket by clicking the Start watching this issue option to receive further notifications from our product managers upon updates. We’ll make sure our product managers get your feedback and take it into account.

Regards

Josiane Oliveira

Atlassian Support 

Matthew Hutchinson September 22, 2022

Hi, thank you for your reply. I can't raise a ticket as I'm on the free plan. I had to raise the issues via the community which resolved the issue the first time but not since then. 

I would really appreciate if the suppressions can be resolved on my domain as it is effecting quite a few users now. As the link you have kindly shared states:

- The only way to resolve the issue of suppressed email is to contact support

I would appreciate if people on the free plan like myself can have this resolved as it is really impacting BAU operations.

Regards,

Matthew

Josiane Oliveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2022

Hi Matthew, g'day!

I see, what's your domain so I can check on it? (you can remove the reply later if you want to)

Regards

Josiane Oliveira

Atlassian Support 

-domain provided and removed-

Regards,

Matthew

Josiane Oliveira
Atlassian Team
September 22, 2022

Hi Matthew, thanks for the information!

I've removed 21 email addresses regarding this domain (for security reasons I'll not expose the list). 

Now the users should get notifications :)

Regards

Josiane Oliveira

Atlassian Support  

Brilliant thank you, Josiane.

Regards,

Matthew

Josiane Oliveira
Atlassian Team
September 22, 2022

You're welcome! :)

Regards

Josiane Oliveira

Atlassian Support 

Matthew Hutchinson December 5, 2022

Hi @Josiane Oliveira , are you able to assist with this again? We're having yet another reoccurance of this and this time I'm unable to receive any password reset emails so I don't have access to my own instance. 

Regards,

Matthew

Josiane Oliveira
Atlassian Team
December 5, 2022

Hi @Matthew Hutchinson, g'day!

Of course, I can!
Can you share the domain again so I can look into it?

Regards

Josiane Oliveira

Atlassian Support 

Matthew Hutchinson December 5, 2022

Thank you so much, yes of course the domain might be useful :P 

dialectcommunications.com

Josiane Oliveira
Atlassian Team
December 5, 2022

Hi Matthew, thanks for the information!

I've removed 17 email addresses regarding this domain (including yours).

Please make sure that our IP addresses and domains for Atlassian cloud products are properly set on your end as well.

I hope this helps you :)

Regards

Josiane Oliveira

Atlassian Support 

Matthew Hutchinson December 30, 2022

Hi again @Josiane Oliveira sorry for coming back again but another user is having this issue again. Is there any way I can do anything to ensure this stops happening? The nature of our business means we rely on Jira notifications from different client sites and users will randomly stop getting the emails and I have to come here to hope someone can resolve it on the Atlassian side. Our domain is dialectcommunications.com I would really appreciate the blocks being removed again. 

Thank you :)

Josiane Oliveira
Atlassian Team
December 30, 2022

Hi, @Matthew Hutchinson g'day!

I removed 2 registers from our suppression list regarding your domain :)

Unfortunately, there's no way to prevent the suppression from happening on our end, since the goal of the bounce is to prevent Atlassian from being flagged as spam.

Please notice that the two registers have the same reason:

So, using the reason for the suppression you can fix what behavior is causing this on your end, and please make sure our IP addresses and domains for Atlassian cloud products are properly allowed as well.

As I previously mentioned, we have a Feature Request related to this topic: JRACLOUD-67264 

I hope this helps you! :)

Regards

Josiane Oliveira

Atlassian Support 

Matthew Hutchinson February 2, 2023

Hi @Josiane Oliveira I have another complaint of password reset emails and some jira notifications not being received. My domain is dialectcommunications.com, I have added the domains in o365 just like the link says however we're still seeing this issue. 

Thanks in advance,
Matthew

Josiane Oliveira
Atlassian Team
February 2, 2023

Hi Matthew, g'day!

I removed four registers from our suppression list, and all of the were placed there for the same reason:

Hope this helps :)

Regards

Josiane Oliveira

Atlassian Support  

Matthew Hutchinson March 2, 2023

Hi again @Josiane Oliveira,

My monthly issue with more users not receiving emails, specifically ricardo.santin@dialectcommunications.com but in general our domain :)

Thank you, 
Matthew

Josiane Oliveira
Atlassian Team
March 2, 2023

Hi @Matthew Hutchinson it's done!

6 entries were removed, including ricardo.santin@dialectcommunications.com.

Regards

Josiane Oliveira

Atlassian Support 

Matthew Hutchinson March 2, 2023

Perfect thank you so much, we'll be back next month! 😂

Like Josiane Oliveira likes this
Matthew Hutchinson March 8, 2023

@Josiane Oliveira the same user that I previously mentioned is having the same issue again, can you see this and can you offer any advice how we can stop it happening? It's occurring so frequently compared to anyone else I can see on the community pages and I have no idea why. We have our email on office365 and any instructions that have previously been offered have been followed but nothing has changed. Any additional advice would be much appreciated as well as the errors against dialectcommunications.com users including specifically ricardo.santin@dialectcommunications.com  

Thanks in advance :)

Matthew

Matthew Hutchinson March 15, 2023

Hi @Josiane Oliveira are you able to take a look at the above?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events