Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A single customer email doesn't work

Marcelo Gallego October 7, 2020

Hi!

In our company use Service Desk as tickets support channel since 2,5 years.

Occasionally (I think just twice), some customer email doesn't work. That means this particular client can't access to service desk and can't open tickets.

It's strange because another emails from the same company domain works fine, but this in particular don't.

Do any have a similar issue? Any solution?

Thanks in advance

image003.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2020

@Marcelo Gallego

That's always a tricky one.

Can you double check that that user with that email address actually has access to your system as a customer? (so he's visible under the customers).

Also if there are some "strange" characters in the email you could double check that.

How do you add the customer is it a self-sign up or is this done by your team members? I've had a similar issue in the past where there was a non-english character in the email address which was mistakenly copied to the customers while the "true" email address did not have this.

If you can remember what the other customers were is there any comparison you can do there or how were they solved (or never?)

Marcelo Gallego October 13, 2020

Hi Dirk!

Yes, he's on the list. I've deleted and added again twice.

There is no strange characters...

We add user through Service Desk, inside an organization, using "Add customers" button

We had this problem before, but unfortunately we couldn't solve it: S

Thanks for your reply and regards

0 votes
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2020

@Marcelo Gallego  check if that users are having access to the project?

You can check through 

View Project Roles for User

Marcelo Gallego October 13, 2020

Hi Fahad.

I think don't understand your answer properly.

He has exactly the same configuration that other users who has access to the project, but doesn't work just in that case: S

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events