cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A field becomes mandatory only when there is a status transition

Luigi Ferri
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 25, 2024

Hello,

I need a suggestion because I attempted to create an automation, but my level of JSM  knowledge is not sufficient to understand which details I should use.

In my case, I have a field used to define the due date of a change, and I want to make this field mandatory only when the issue transitions to the 'Authorize' status.

I attempted to create the automation using the following approach:

• When: Issue is transitioned from Planning To Authorise
  • The due date field is empty
  • At this point, I'm unsure how to require the selection of a value before allowing the transition to occur when a date is also selected

Can you help me to understand how to create this automation?

Thank you very much.

Luigi

1 comment

Harsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2024

Hi @Luigi Ferri 

I f I understand correctly, the field will appear on the screen(transition/pop screen) when you trigger transition from Planning to Authorize status? If that is the case, then you can achieve this by 2 ways - 

1. Defining a Validator on the Transition in WF. Select to the transition (from Planning to Authorize), you will see a box on right, there choose Validator. Add a validator - choose 'Field(s) required validator [ScriptRunner]' here you can choose DUE DATE. Save the workflow, now the due date is mandatory and the ticket wont to be transitioned to Authorize until the field is field.

Second way is using JIRA behaviors.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events