Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A JQL for "how many times an issue has been updated in the past week?"

Monica March 8, 2024

As a data analyst, I would like to pull from Jira on the update frequency of a set of issues.

Does JQL offer any solutions?

4 answers

3 votes
Hector Florin _Appfire_ March 8, 2024

Hello @Monica ,

I'm afraid that options is not natively available, but you can use a workflow Plugin like Power Scripts.

With Power Scripts you can build an script that can filter all the issues that have been updated in a certain range of time, but also count how many updates have been done on each ticket during that time, and many more!

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/43318/power-scripts-jira-workflow-automation/?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Thank you

2 votes
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 8, 2024

Hi @Monica 

If you need to see all changes made to one or multiple issues, you can try Issue History for Jira. add-on. My team developed it as a journal of all past activities.

You can select a date range, project, updaters, issues you want to see, etc. Multiple filters allow you to adjust the reports to your needs.

Also, you can export the report for further analysis.

Here is an example of one report:

due dates sorted by issue key.png

There is a free 30-day trial to check if it works for you.

2 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2024

Hi @Monica

Unfortunately this is not possible out of the box.  You will need reporting plugins to get you this. EazyBI is the app I would recommend for this one. Example: https://community.eazybi.com/t/count-user-interaction-with-issue/4309/5

I will let others chime in with other plugins.  

Regards,

Fabian

1 vote
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 10, 2024

Hi @Monica

if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you may want to have a look at the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of so-called history columns that aren’t natively available, including the number of updates.

This is how it looks in action:

number-of-updates.gif

As you can see above, you can easily sort and filter by the number of updates, and also use it across JXL's advanced features, such as support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.

Currently, the number of updates would show the updates across an issue's entire lifecycle, rather than a particular time range. If the above looks interesting to you, we'd be happy to look into a time range configuration, too.

Note that the above just works - so there's no scripting or automation whatsoever required.

Any question just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events