Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 customer, 2 organizations. How does a new ticket pick which org?

Daniel Parr December 8, 2021

So we have two clients and each of them is managed by the same person. 

I have added said person to both organizations within Jira. 

When it now comes to this person making a ticket on our portal, how will the portal know which organization to raise it under? 

Is there an option I can add to my requests on the portal that will allow him to select which organization he wants to raise it for? 

I see the "Share with" option at the bottom of new tickets, is this what he has to select correctly? 

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

Exactly, @Daniel Parr 

If the user is in more than one "Organization", when he is going to create an issue in Jira, he must select which Organization he should share the item with.

So he must try to correctly select the Organization. If he selects incorrectly, this can be changed internally in Jira.

Just go add the "Organizations" field in the "Edit" screen of the issuetype settings in the project. Then edit the value inside Jira.

Daniel Parr December 8, 2021

Ah, I thought that was the case. Thanks for that. 

So is there an option to turn off the ability to "share with no one" to force the user to select one of the "Organizations". 

We use smart values in our automation to pull company names to send elsewhere and need to ensure these are correct and always showing on new tickets. 

Im assuming the smart values for organizations break if the user selects "no one". ({{issue.Organizations.first.name}} is an example we use. 

Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

It might help if you insert a validator in the "Create" transition indicating that the "Organization" field shouldn't be empty.

By default, in the customer portal there is already an Organization indicated to share. If the user does not wish to select any organization, he must indicate it in the sharing field for. So Jira understands that if it doesn't select "Organization", the field value will be null. So the validation rule in the create transition should not allow the issue to be created

Like Daniel Parr likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events