Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are updating the user interface for Assets in Jira Service Management Cloud

56 comments

Sue Lund
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2023

There's been an issue reported, where the Jira User fields are currently blank.  It does not appear that Atlassian has acknowledged the ticket, yet.  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-12528
Thankfully, we use automation to pull it into tickets and that is still working.  We just can't see users or their managers (also a Jira User field) in Assets.

Sue Lund
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2023

We used to be able to tab through the fields when editing an object, but we can't do that now, which makes editing multiple attributes in a record a little tedious.  Is this something that can be fixed?

Sam Vanderleyden April 16, 2023

What about the table overview? Still existing?
And if so can a user now preset and/or set/reset column sizes?

What about a more easy way to filter objects (by an extended visual filter interface) based upon Attributes of linked objects (weather inbound or outbound?) WITHOUT having to use AQL language to accomplish that?

What about the possibility to create custom preset view with a selection of attributes (columns) based with and based upon data from linked objects? (refer it as a view of linked / joined objects with a selection of the attributes to display).

Of course the ability to save and share these views.

I miss this so much. 

Like Beausoleil, Shayne likes this
Heather Weatherholt April 17, 2023

Although I like some features like the inline editing and being able to rearrange the columns, I do not like the fact that I cannot customize the number of assets displayed on the screen and am limited to 100 at a time.  This makes finding some of our assets difficult when searching (especially across asset types) since we are still in the process of getting everything in the system and what is in it is not currently complete and standardized.  Also unless it has been added and I haven't figured it out yet, being able to move an asset from one type to another would be a big help rather than having to delete it from one and recreate it in another.

Majken Longlade April 17, 2023

@Caroline Bartle For some context, I am most familiar with on prem versions of Insight (ie when that was still the name), still adjusting to the functionality available in Cloud. 

When we couldn't use the search box to search by attributes, I tried to use the advanced search as a workaround, searching on something like:

objectType IN objectTypeAndChildren("Hardware") AND "User" LIKE Majken

When an object is set to abstract, there is no filter available. When I try this query on an object type that has objects in it, it only reports on the object type I currently have selected, so I have no way of doing one search to find all hardware associated to a specific person. I honestly couldn't tell you if I'd ever run a query like that in Cloud before now, though the documentation gives the impression that it should work.

Like # people like this
Caroline Bartle
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2023

Hi @Sue Lund - we've resolved the issue of users and groups not displaying in list view (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-12528).

You mentioned that you're having problems tabbing through attributes. This capability is still supported in the new inline editing view - could you please share a bit more about the problem you're encountering?

Like Sue Lund likes this
Sue Lund
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2023

Thank you @Caroline Bartle I'm not sure what it was the other day (probably user error), but we are able to tab from field to field now.

Like Caroline Bartle likes this
Kerli Loopman April 20, 2023

Oh, wow I can change the delimiter now when exporting Assets to CSV! 👏

v.ezersky April 21, 2023

Hi.

We liked the new update, especially the ability to do cloning.

I would also like to see a closer integration with Jira so that there is a possibility to filter the technique that is reserved for users. Filter by role (qa, team lead, art, support).
So that you can create several items of technique that does not contain s/n. For example: 100 mice or 100 keyboards or 100 headphones.

Like Rabbit Stoddard likes this
Boon Lim May 3, 2023

Thank you for the change. However, the most important feature is reporting which is not available for us folks on premium. We currently have to export the data over API and have reporting using Power BI.

Like # people like this
Mauricio Heberle
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2023

Great update, thanks Atlassian team

Gabriel Genest May 3, 2023

New UI is great but any updates on the long long awaited Cloud integrations ? (Intune, AWS, etc...)

Like # people like this
Ariel Kauan May 3, 2023

I thought this update was very good, but we have some problems.

1. When changing the type of view (List/Detailed), it is not saved, so every time you access... you are in List view.
  2. The search is "open" looking at all Schemes, and is quite confusing for users who have access to multiple Schemes. Could have the choice.
    -- These are problems we didn't have.
Michael Shore May 3, 2023

Does the new search allow you to search for any object while in a specific area - e.g. can I search for hardware while I'm viewing software and services?

Also, do you still have to go back to the main Assets page in order to view a different schema? That's quite annoying.

Like # people like this
Sune Vester Lindhe May 4, 2023

Cross-schema search will be really helpful, but the real issue for most of our customers is the ability to make cross-object type searches. For instance: An insurance company might ask to get a list of insurable objects in a specific office which could be anything from paintings to printers. In order to find those in one search, we need to have an "ObjectThatCanBeInAnOffice" super object type. But then the next thing that happens is that the network team asks for a list of all the fixed IP adresses in use, so we need to have a super object type for all assets with a fixed IP address. But that partly overlaps with our other "ObjectThatCanBeInAnOffice" super object type. To resolve this we just end up with a root object type which all other object types inherits from (and lot of searches on the root object type). It would be nice to get rid of that workaround.

Jason Selby May 4, 2023

"Search all schemas" search bar is not persistent

Assets are live updating i.e when filtering by a specific user, if I removed the current entry from that field in the object, the object will disappear as the filtering criteria is no longer being met. This has made the usability more difficult

Like Richard Amery likes this
Madha Ajiyoga Susetya May 9, 2023

Please make this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-9896 implemented real soon. AWS Integration for Insight Cloud surely a must have feature for the Jira Cloud version and to all Jira customers which already using all cloud environment, specifically AWS

Like Andrew Schaner likes this
nick.matic May 9, 2023

What about reporting features?  Have any been added? 

Oscar Gagnon May 18, 2023

I really dislike the new version, it looks good though... The search is no longer working properly. The view gets reset everytime I access the assets, it is very slow... If only we could choose to opt out of the new version...

Jonne Riikonen June 2, 2023

Inline editing and global/cross searching features are great but i feel the "good old" search bar that's now hidden away is slowing me down a lot. I often use IQL queries (Advanced search) to seek out things as that's far more effective due to the wide array of operators.

Any chances on getting back the old (or improved) filter/query bar on object view?

James Jam June 5, 2023

@Caroline BartleI am very pleased that these functionalities are implemented and hope that they will also be imlemented for Data Center.

Thank you

Caroline Bartle
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2023

Hi everyone - a few updates to make on the new UI for Assets:

1. The last view (i.e. list vs detail) is now remembered (cc @Cosmo Denger, @Richard Amery@Ariel Kauan
  2. Reference depth in the object graph is working again (cc @Heikko E
  3. There have been a number of comments about search no longer functioning the way that it used to, and the need to be able to search by attribute (captured in this feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-12509). We've decided to revert the search capability within the schema to the old functionality whereby you will be able to:
    • Search objects in the current schema by label, key or ID
    • Search objects in the current schema by all attributes
    • Search object types in the current schema

Re: point 3 - you will still be able to search for objects (label, key or ID) and object types across all schemas via the search box on the Assets landing page.

The search experience will be updated within the next few days.  

Like # people like this
Richard Amery June 5, 2023

The search function would be great Caroline.  I need view assets per user easily, hopefully this will provide this.

Cosmo Denger June 5, 2023

@Caroline Bartle Thank you!  Already looking better. 

Antreas Solou July 26, 2023

Any news on when this will be available on Data Center ? 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events