Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Forms to ask multiple questions in Satisfaction surveys

Currently, it's not possible to add more than one question to the survey using the customer satisfaction in a service project.

However, with forms and an automation rule, it's possible to add a Form automatically to the request to get more details about Customer Satisfaction. If that sounds as a good alternative for your use case, please follow the steps below:

First, create and configure the form according to your use case: Create or edit a form.

If you want to use a filter or dashboard with the customer's response later, please link the form fields to Jira fields to use the Jira fields to create the filter or dashboard.

You can also use info panels in the form to inform the customer about the steps to Edit the form and submit it, as you can see below:
Satisfaction survey - Form.png

After that, you can create an automation rule to add the form when the ticket is transitioned to a final status by following the steps below:

1. Open the service project > Project settings > Automation > Select Create rule
2. In New trigger > Select Issue transitioned
3. In To field, select the final statuses configured in the workflow associated with the project > Save
4. Select New action > Attach forms
5. In the Forms field, select the form you've created before > In Visibility, select External > Save
6. Name your automation rule and turn it on

Extra tip: You can select Add an action > Send email > In the To field, select Reporter > Fill in a Subject and Content

• In the Content, you can also use the following HTML code to create links and {{issue.url.customer}} as the smart value to place the link to the portal in the notification:
  • <a href="{{issue.url.customer}}">click here</a>

Your automation rule will be similar to the screenshot below:

Satisfaction survey.png

Note that: Anyone with access to the ticket will be able to edit the form and consequently evaluate the support. So the recommendation is to use the Send email action in the automation rule to notify only the reporter.

However, if you don't want to use the automation to send the notification, you can edit the customer notification content to add the steps and inform the customer how to complete the form and evaluate the assistance received in the ticket:
1. Open the service project > Project settings > Customer notifications(or Project settings > Notifications > Customer notifications, for Team-managed projects)
2. In the Request resolved customer notification(in company-managed projects) or Request done(in team-managed projects), select Edit > Add the steps to edit the form.

This alternative solution will work as demonstrated in the video below:

Also, please note that we have a Feature request asking for the ability to have multiple questions in CSAT survey, as we can see below:

12 comments

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2023

Thank you for sharing this alternative @Bruna Silva because the standard CSAT in JSM is very, very basic.

Like # people like this
Charles Trilha
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2023

Nice article, Bruna!

Like Bruna Silva likes this
Bruno Altenhofen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2023

Amazing article!!! :D

Like # people like this
Michele Bazzani March 13, 2023

Hi @Bruna Silva 

Can you tell me where the responses go? 

I just put in a community ask for this because we are struggling. The ticket above has been open since 2016, so I am not super hopeful we will get this. 

This is an essential function, and it's missing :(

Thank you!
-M

Muhammad Fahad
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2023

Nice! Thanks @Bruna Silva  for sharing the alternative.

Ahmed Zeb March 13, 2023

This doesn't seem to be impressive way of collecting feedback or Survey. Instead Atlassian should look into improving the built in survey as forms integration with JSM is already very unimpressive and badly designed itself.

Thanks

Like # people like this
Bruna Silva
Atlassian Team
March 16, 2023

Hello @Michele Bazzani,

Using this alternative, responses will be visible in two different ways:

1. In a Form within the ticket associated with the form submitted;
  2. If you link Form fields to Jira fields the information entered in a linked form field will automatically populate its linked Jira field.

I've updated this community article with a video showing this. I hope this helps. 

Like # people like this
Soluciones TIC April 17, 2023

Excellent solution, but I have a doubt, Is it possible to download or export in excel a consolidated of the forms that have been filled in the cases?, already check and individually is possible.

Bruna Silva
Atlassian Team
April 17, 2023

Hello @Soluciones TIC ,

We can export a spreadsheet of form responses by following the steps below:

1. Open your service project > Project settings > Forms
  2. Locate the form > Click on the ••• dropdown menu > Select Export in XLSX.

A file with all responses that were submitted using the form will be downloaded.

Just note that only Project administrators are able to see the Export in XLSX option.

I hope this information helps! 

Like Charles Trilha likes this
Harsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2023

Hi @Bruna Silva 

Is this for JIRA Server/data center 8.2? Because I tried to follow the steps but looks like it is for Cloud. Correct me if I am wrong. 
Can we achieve the same scenario in JIRA Server? If yes, can you share some of your insight. It would be a great help.

Thanks!

Bruna Silva
Atlassian Team
April 24, 2023

Hello @Harsh ,

This article describes the steps for Jira Service Management Cloud where ProForma is currently available as a built-in feature called Forms(as we can see in this document). Currently, for Server and Data Center, ProForma is still on the Atlassian Marketplace and is supported by Atlassian.

Therefore, if you have the ProForma app on your Server/Data Center instance, for assistance with this workaround, please contact the responsible team here and they will help you.

I hope this clarifies.

Raghu Mani April 11, 2024

How do I allow only the reporter of the ticket to open and edit it? Its really not ideal for anyone who is having JIRA agent license can open and edit it. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events