Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The AWS Service Catalog app is being discontinued, transition to AWS Service Management Connector!

Good day Atlassian Community,

In November of last year, we announced that the new AWS Service Management Connector app was officially available for Jira Service Management Cloud and Data Center customers. The AWS Service Management Connector provides our customers with stronger integrations with AWS products and represents our commitment to stronger Cloud and Data Center solutions for our customers.

Atlassian will end support for the former AWS Service Catalog marketplace app on October 16th, 2023 and the app will cease to function. Existing AWS Service Catalog app users will need to transition to the new AWS Service Management Connector by October 16, 2023 to continue integrating with the AWS Service Catalog product. Affected customers will be notified by email. We’re here to help impacted customers make the transition and start seeing the benefits of the new solution.

What is the new AWS Service Management Connector?

The AWS Service Management Connector is a new app developed by AWS in collaboration with Atlassian and is built on Atlassian’s Forge platform. The AWS Service Management Connector integrates with AWS Service Catalog, plus a range of other AWS products including AWS Systems Manager Incident Manager, AWS Security Hub, and AWS Support, making it easier for Jira Service Management Cloud users to consume and provide governance and oversight over AWS products. Below is a comparison of the two apps and their integrations:

Supported integration

AWS Service Catalog app (discontinued)

AWS Service Management Connector app

AWS Service Catalog

AWS Systems Manager Automation

AWS Systems Manager Incident Manager

AWS Security Hub

AWS Support

How do I sign up for the AWS Service Management Connector?

The AWS Service Management Connector is free for Jira Service Management customers and can be installed on your cloud site from the Atlassian Marketplace listing. Select “Get it now” to start the installation process.

How do I configure the AWS Service Management Connector?

The following steps are the recommended path for configuring the AWS Service Management Connector app and removing the AWS Service Catalog app from your Cloud instance:

1. Install the AWS Service Management Connector app by selecting “Get it now” from the marketplace listing or by following the instructions on the installing marketplace apps page. (Note: We recommend first installing the app in a sandbox or separate developer cloud site to test the integration before a full production rollout).

2. Configure the AWS Service Management Connector app for your desired integration using the steps from AWS' public documentation. Email aws-servicemanagement-connector@amazon.com if you have any questions about setting up the app or supporting documentation. (Note: if your AWS portfolios are not loading during the setup process, make sure you have enabled a Jira Service Management project within the app’s settings.)

3. Test the desired integration.

4. Plan a full production rollout on your primary Atlassian cloud site.

5. Once the AWS Service Management Connector app is configured on your cloud site, remove the AWS Service Catalog app by following the instructions on our uninstalling apps page.

Can I migrate my existing AWS Service Catalog app settings to the AWS Service Management Connector?

The AWS Service Catalog app settings (for example, how customers might have configured the app, their in-app settings, etc) within Jira Service Management will not be migrated and made accessible by the AWS Service Management Connector app. Customers will need to configure the AWS Service Management Connector app by following the steps outlined above in the “How do I configure the AWS Service Management Connector?” section.

Is any data lost when I transition to the AWS Service Management Connector app?

Once the AWS Service Catalog app is removed from your cloud site, any issues created by the integration will remain in Jira Service Management. Additionally, any comments created by the integration will remain within their respective issues.  However, issue fields associated with the AWS Service Catalog app will no longer be visible. Note that all past data can also be referenced through the AWS Management Console.

Going forward, all provisioning data will be captured by the new AWS Service Management Connector app and retained within relevant Jira Service Management issue fields and comments.

If I still have more questions, where can I get support?

The team at AWS is happy to assist if you have any issues configuring the AWS Service Management Connector. Email aws-servicemanagement-connector@amazon.com

Getting Started Resources

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events