Stand Up Your Jira Service Management Instance Quickly Using a Project Template

Atlassian has created a plethora of project templates for Jira over the last couple of years.  This makes it easy for anyone to get started using their products.  Each template has been tailored to a unique audience to help meet their needs.  This makes a robust application simple to use and get started in. 

Their service management offering currently consists of seven different offerings to choose from to help any department in your organization stand up a service management instance and empower that team.

Capturea.PNG

Per Atlassian’s documentation, this is what each template is targeted at.

IT service management

Designed for IT teams, DevOps or any team looking for a powerful service management solution with incident and change management capabilities. This template handles service requests, resolves incidents, approves changes and fixes problems using ITSM best practices. Learn more and try the IT service management template

General service management

Best suited for teams looking to efficiently manage support requests with a service desk designed to help you help your team, this template handles all your service requests in one location and helps your employees get the answers they need. Learn more and try the general service management template

Customer service management

Best suited for teams needing a branded support experience to support external customers, this template delivers great service experiences fast with a template designed to help your external customers. Learn more and try the customer service management template

HR service management

Designed for HR teams needing a central place to manage staff and their requests, this template handles onboarding and offboarding, answer questions, and facilitate change requests for your staff. Learn more and try the HR service management template

Facility service management

Best suited for facilities teams needing an easier way to track work and manage employee requests, this template manages requests for maintenance, moving, and event planning. Learn more and try the facility service management template

Legal service management

Designed for legal teams looking for a clear and central way to track and manage their work, this template creates, tracks, and manages your contracts through the review cycle to resolution. Learn more and try the legal service management template

My favorite is customer service management.  It can be used by any unit or department to quickly provide excellent support to their customers, users, or employees.  It is simple and easy to use which allows new agents to quickly become comfortable and successful using the product.  It is also easy to stand up through a few simple clicks and you will be done.

How to set up a new instance by using a template

1. Choose Create Project and review the different template offerings.  In this example, we will be using the Service ManagementCustomer service managment template.
    Capturea.PNG
  2. Review the template details to ensure that it is the correct template for the unit/department that will be using it.
    Captureb.PNG
  3. Choose the project type Team-managed or Company-managed. Definitions of each are provided on the page. In my case, I am an admin and will be managing it.  I also have shared configuration I would like to use.
    Capturec.PNG
  4. Provide a project name and click Create project.
    Captured.PNG
  5. Your project has now been created and you are ready to begin using it.
    Capturee.PNG

Project templates are a great way to get a service management instance up quickly and efficiently with all the features to help your team be successful.

1 comment

Michael Lemire April 7, 2022

Can templates be modified?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events