Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolve incidents faster in Jira Service Management - UI update!

Hello, Community!

I’m happy to report that the alert, on-call, and incident response features are now easier to access than ever before in Jira Service Management Cloud. Thanks to reducing clicks and thoughtful UI changes all operations work can be done seamlessly in Jira Service Management, so your teams can promptly address, investigate, and resolve alerts and incidents more efficiently.

See the new UI in action - watch a video tour

All Operations work in one location

Your Jira Service Management Teams page is the central hub for all operations work and configurations. This is where you’ll assign a role in Jira to each operations team member; making it easier for them to connect and collaborate with anyone on an Atlassian team.

teams_page.png

From the Your Work tab you can see all of your operations work including on-call schedules, alerts, and any issues or projects you’re working on.

your_work.png

Never miss a critical alert

Team admins have full control to create on-call schedules, routing rules, and escalation policies at the team level, handling each alert differently based on its source and payload.

on-call.png

If you've already set up integrations in your bundled Opsgenie account, we'll transfer them to Jira Service Management for you. If you're starting for the first time leverage hundreds of out-of-the-box integrations with monitoring, logging, ticketing, and chat tools.

Integrations.png

Alerts are accessible via your team page. Responders have full control to create alert filters and save searches, ensuring that critical alerts are always prioritized for immediate action directly from Jira Service Management.

alerts.png

Alert and notification policies provide even more granular control and help define, modify, and manage alerts effectively at team and global levels. For example, modify the content of an alert, or set criteria to de-duplicate alerts and further cut down on alert fatigue.

policies.png

Keep alerts, issues, and requests in sync

Sync is a new feature that provides control over keeping alerts, issues, and requests synchronized. Create workflows to define the conditions under which issues and requests are generated in response to an alert, so alerts, issues, and requests are created only when necessary.

sync.png

Automate incident response

With all operations work at their fingertips, admins can leverage Atlassian automation to automate incident workflows, including control of how and when an alert creates an incident. Additionally, the Atlassian automation library includes pre-built automation templates to help operations teams streamline their incident response workflows.

automation.png

Accelerate decision-making with custom ops reporting

Ops reporting is now more flexible and powered by Atlassian Analytics. Create highly customized reports that deliver valuable insights for your team. For example, gain insights into your team's operational efficiency by analyzing the volume of alerts, and mean-time-to-resolve. Or zoom out and look at the larger picture by reviewing monthly overview analytics that visualize alert distribution and response trends over time.

reporting.png

Access to the streamlined incident UI has started rolling out to new and existing Jira Service Management Cloud customers. By the end of July 2024, all cloud customers will have access.

What’s next in incident management?

Streamlining operations in Jira Service Management is only the start. We’re building innovative ways to detect, resolve, and prevent incidents from happening in the first place by making platform-level investments in Artificial Intelligence and Automation. Here’s a quick look at two enhancements coming soon to Jira Service Management Cloud.

Alert grouping

Separating the signal from the noise is crucial for prioritizing the most significant issues, but it typically requires a manual effort by on-call engineers. Alert grouping will utilize AI to identify patterns among incoming alerts and group them based on similarities, so responders can focus on the highest-priority alerts and proactively detect incidents.

alert-grouping.png

Advanced automation capabilities for alert remediation

Expanded automation controls and connectors will help minimize manual intervention on repetitive alert alerts. Using these new automation capabilities, you’ll be able to build more complex flows to assess and act on common alerts and give time back to more strategic work. When an alert that meets your conditions arises, you’ll be able to automatically gather related data from 3rd-party tools, and usher it through next steps based on your pre-defined criteria—whether that means closing it out, or creating an incident.

remediation.png

Resources and next steps

18 comments

Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2024

Any chance you can request to have this rolled out to a specific instance?

We are preparing to move over to cloud and having this asap would help a lot with how we define our Incident process.

...and it looks amazing, btw :)

Like # people like this
Shaun Pinney
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2024

Hi @Jimi Wikman Thanks for the feedback! Yes, do you have a JSM cloud instance already that you want to start doing incident management work in? if it's brand new - it already has the streamlined incident UI built in and you can get started right away. 

You can also email me spinney at atlassian.com and we can dive into the details of your specific situation in more depth. 

Like Jimi Wikman likes this
Oleksandr Sapozhnikov
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 3, 2024

Hello! How we can request access for this?) Looks fine!

Blake Ianni May 3, 2024

Some of these features seem to overlap with Opsgenie, which we're already utilizing. How will this UI change interact with opsgenie for incident management?

Like Jordan English likes this
Andrew Fernando May 3, 2024

Can we add this to our sandbox environment for testing without adding to PROD?

Steve Krawcke May 3, 2024

Awesome it keeps my existing OpsGenie settings. 

Steve Krawcke May 3, 2024

@Blake Ianni I was wondering the same so  I reread the post and found this 

If you've already set up integrations in your bundled Opsgenie account, we'll transfer them to Jira Service Management for you. If you're starting for the first time leverage hundreds of out-of-the-box integrations with monitoring, logging, ticketing, and chat tools.

Looks to be a UI change for the same thing. 

What I am wondering is the APP will that function as is does now?

Ken Young
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2024

A couple of questions (probably for @Shaun Pinney )

1. If an Incident is created by Automation, can/will the sync feature then support the closing of the Alert if the incident is closed?  If not, how do you link the two
  2. Currently Alerts don't reflect the Service field in OpsGenie.  Has this changed with this upgrade in any way?  
  3. We also utilize Compass, so how does these Operations feature link to Compass?  Do Compass components and JSM Services have a way to be integrated?

Thx

Shaun Pinney
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2024

@Oleksandr Sapozhnikov What is your instance name? I can check if you have access already or not. 

@Andrew Fernando The streamlined incident UI is available to all customers (prod or sandbox) that do not have OG teams setup. What is the instance name of your sandbox? I can check it.

@Blake Ianni Just want to clarify, are you using Opsgenie as part of your Jira Service Management instance? or do you own standalone Opsgenie? If it's the former, we're building a tool that will help you move all data and configs from Opsgenie into JSM - that tooling will be ready for you by the end of July. Send me your instance name and I can confirm if you have access or not. 

@Steve Krawcke Do you mean the Opsgenie app? This update applies to desktop and mobile. You'll have all of Opsgenie in the Jira mobile app. When you get access to move over the mobile app will also guide you to make the move and dowload the Jira mobile app.

Tyler Krzanowski May 3, 2024

Would there be an option to turn the update on in our sandbox environment so we can play around with it and test it out?  This way we are not blindsided when the change happens in the live production environment.  We would like to look through it, have some agents walk through it, and create some documentation so that when it does go live, we will not have agents confused about what/where everything is.  

Thanks @Shaun Pinney  - Was trying to see if I can share the sandbox instance info without posting on this thread, I dont think I can. hopefully the one time link will work :)

https://1ty.me/Kb9ca 

Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2024

@Tyler Krzanowski I just tested in my JSM sandbox and this update was available for me to use. I had not setup any Opsgenie teams within the sandbox though which sounds like that might be a requirement. See Shaun's comment just before yours:

The streamlined incident UI is available to all customers (prod or sandbox) that do not have OG teams setup.

Like Tyler Krzanowski likes this
Nancy Freeman May 3, 2024

We are also already utilizing Opsgenie as part of our JSM Cloud subscription.  We have done extensive work with Terraform to provision teams, escalations and policies into Opsgenie.  Will the new UI effect my Opsgenie - Terraform provisioning? 

Like # people like this
Blake Ianni May 3, 2024

@Shaun Pinney We're using opsgenie as a feature of JSM, navigating to it through the JSM UI. We do have a sandbox as well. Here is our instance URL: https://1ty.me/2IonfEkQ

Oleksandr Sapozhnikov
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 3, 2024

@Shaun Pinney our instance name temabit.atlassian.net Thanks!

To add regarding this feature not being available for those that use the OG Teams, I think in the past we had a test OpsGenie setup - but not anymore.

However we did start setting up "teams" in the new option, that appeared last year (I think). But I noticed that those "Teams" are synced between PROD and Sandbox.

When I go to my "Team", I dont see the operations option(s).

Jordan English May 3, 2024

Also would like to know the answer to what @Nancy Freeman said.

Markus May 3, 2024

@Shaun Pinney 

How do we start to test this today?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events