Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now Live: In-Product Help for Assets!

We’re excited to announce that contextual support documentation is now available for Assets in Jira Service Management Cloud!

We’ve all been there - searching through a knowledge base or bouncing between different tools to find a specific solution to a problem is a pain. With in-product help, you can now access support documentation from directly within Assets.

Not only does this help you learn more about key concepts, use advanced features, and develop skills in asset and configuration management by learning in-context, but it also skips the need to scrabble around on search engines!

How to Access In-Product Help

When you’re using Assets, you can access Assets-specific articles by navigating to the question mark in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. This will open a panel on the right side that shows relevant articles, definitions, and other content specific to what you're looking at in the product.

You can also use the search box to comb through any other support content you need - all without leaving Assets.

IPH Image 1.png

Select the question mark (?) button in the top right. 

IPH Image 2.png

Learn more without leaving the page.

Help Needs Feedback, Too

If you do take advantage of in-product help, please do let us know how you helpful you find these articles by selecting Yes or No under Was this helpful at the bottom of an article. Then scroll down and let us know if this article was helpful (or not!) in the text box underneath.

Thank you so much, and we hope you find in-product help useful!

IPH3.png

Scroll down to see the feedback box.

10 comments

Jamie MacDonald February 2, 2023

I discovered this recently and was really excited. I know it will be extremely helpful to less experienced users of Assets.

Like # people like this
Tom Rufo February 7, 2023

If I have JIRA service management cloud, how do I enable assets?

Like # people like this
Meza Hsu February 7, 2023

I have the same question as @Tom Rufo . How do I enable Assets?

Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2023

@Tom Rufo, @Meza Hsu, First thing to check:

AVAILABLE IN JIRA SERVICE MANAGEMENT PREMIUM, ENTERPRISE, AND DATA CENTER PLANS

source

Do you have any of these plans? Assets are not working for Free and Standard plans.

Like # people like this
Meza Hsu February 7, 2023

@Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ I see it now. We are on the Standard plan, so we don't have this feature. Thanks for your response!

Przemysław Grzesiak February 14, 2023

Why always cloud only? Why don't you treat DC customers equally?

Tom Rufo February 22, 2023

Thanks @Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ for the link. Do you know if only Agents can view asset data? This would be unfortunate. I would like asset visibility for all users, but asset management only for agents.

Sergei Gridnevskii
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2023

Assets are unstable in Brave browser - if one types an AQL and reenters same type after a while no objects are shown. In Chrome this bug is reproducible 50/50, only incognito mode helps. We created a help request for developers, nothing was done.

Please fix bugs prior to adding new functionality.

Lothar March 15, 2023

How about first focusing on making the the essentials like assets-project backups and assets reporting available to all licensees. And leaving non-essential nice-to-haves like contextual help menu's for when you have a truly reliable product.

Like Sergei Gridnevskii likes this
Sergei Gridnevskii
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2023

Dreams, dreams. Most assets are text objects, we could easily store backups in Git and this will give us versioning. Sometimes auditors asked me what changed since last month and it could help me a lot. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events