You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.
I've been noticing some questions pop-ing up related with agent notifications on service desks. Most of them have to do with notifying agent when an issue is created and while this is configurable via notification scheme in Classic projects you could to use Automation to have a lightweight approach. Automation is also present in JSD Next Gen projects so it works, today!
You should continue reading if you want a easy way to configure notifications on ticket create, have a small team of agents you want to ping or if you love Next Gen but need Notifications.
1. The first step is to head over to the Automation page and to click create a new custom rule.
2. Add the on "Issue created" trigger
3. Select the "Alert user" action and fill in the "Users to mention" with the users you want to alert when an issue is created.
4. Don't forget to save the above!
5.(Optional) You could add a condition to apply this to select request types. For example you might want agents to be notified only of new account requests vs other types like hardware requests.
1. Go to your portal and fill in a ticket.
2. Go to the agent view an see the automation comment internally and mentioning the users you want to alert.
This works well if you have a small number of agents you want to manage. In my opinion anything above 10 per automation rule is going to prove hard to manage.
You can make use of this in Classic as well as Next Gen so you're not going to feel the difference.
17 accepted answers