Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New form builder is rolling out to Jira Service Management Cloud customers

93 comments

Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2022

@Dimitri Spolspoel thanks so much for your thoughts on the add form process. I will share them with the team and take that into out prioritization process. 

Typically we find that the manually adding of forms is not a common activity when automation is available, because people build automation rules to add the relevant forms depending on Jira fields or status change (for example if the request is over $1,000 the requestor has to fill out a business justification form).  We are currently part way through reworking the previous ProForma automation rules and reimplementing them in Automation for Jira, which we hope will ship in March or April. 

But I definitely hear your suggestions; however, I can't give an eta on any specific changes.

Like # people like this
Andrea Moscatelli January 25, 2022

Hi there, we're still not seeing this feature on either our prod or Sandbox sites.

Any ideas when it might be shipped please? TIA.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2022

@Andrea Moscatelli  any chance you are on a bundled release track?

We had to move to "continuous" to get it immediately. 

Like Simon H likes this
Andrea Moscatelli January 25, 2022

@Dirk Ronsmans we only recently shifted to bundled, but were previously on continuous.

Suggesting next release is 08/02, so will wait to see if it's shipped as part of the next release.

Like Simon H likes this
Niraj Rai January 28, 2022

@Peter Preston , 

We have around 2000 users, unfortunately we are still in JIRA in premises. We are missing out on this great feature. Any chance this change will be roll out to JIRA service management and JIRA software hosted in premises ?

Niraj  

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2022

@Niraj Rai ProForma is still available for on-prem here:

Both apps will work on Server and Data Center, for Service Management and Software. The ProForma app is a paid app, but if you'd like to do a proof of concept you can use ProForma Lite to do that without the time limits of a standard evaluation period.

tommy January 31, 2022

(edit, after I submitted this I saw the note above about hoping to ship in March/April) - Thanks!

This is a great update! Already have lots of use cases in mind for using these. One question that immediately came to mind - is it on the roadmap to allow adding forms to a request via automation rules? I could see us wanting to leverage something like - 

• On status transition to "Waiting on Customer"
  • Add form and send external comment letting customer know to fill in details
Like # people like this
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2022

Glad you found an answer quickly @tommy 

If you have any other questions, we're running an Ask Me Anything this week:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/New-Forms-AMA-Got-questions-about-the-new-forms-in-Jira-Service/ba-p/1914858

Steffen Rauscher February 2, 2022

Great news - but:
is there something I can do to make ProForma appear in our instance? 
Help would really be appreciated! Thx in advance.
Regards
Steffen

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2022

@Steffen Rauscher ,

Normally it should already be in there from the 18th of January (or atleast that was the communication here).

Are you perhaps on a bundled release track which is lagging a bit behind? 

Have you check in your project if there is a new "Forms" menu?

Steffen Rauscher February 2, 2022

@Dirk Ronsmans thx for the quick reply.
We are on a Continuous Release Track, and in none of our projects a "Forms" menu appears. 
Maybe it's because we were evaluation the ProForma Free Version but uninstalled it some time ago, once we heard of the full integration of ProForma coming?
Cheers
Steffen

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2022

Hi @Steffen Rauscher 👋

Your instance may have been grouped in with a cohort of ProForma users, which might have blocked rollout for you. I suggest you reach out to support and share your SEN or CloudID so we can check on the instance. If you're not using ProForma, we should be able to roll out the new form builder to you.

You're also welcome to @ mention me here as well if I can help with anything else. 

Steffen Rauscher February 3, 2022

Hi @Peter Preston
thx for your advice - just did as proposed and opened a ticket to let the guys look into it.

Like Peter Preston likes this
Adel A February 15, 2022

Hi, is form building features are rolled out to Jira Service Management Cloud customers? 

James Dirks February 18, 2022

I may have been missed an answer to this, but when (or why not) will this be available for Jira Software (Cloud)? 

The issue collector is not as desirable, especially considering the individual custom fields that need to be created and then made available in the project screen scheme. We have many requests for this type of functionality and the Deviniti bundled fields extension we use is also only for JSM.

Thanks

Like # people like this
Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2022

@adel a - Yes forms has rolled out to all customers, except those who have previously installed the ProForma marketplace app. We are working on migrating these existing customers in the next few months.  However, if you don't have access to either Forms or ProForma send support a message  and we can fix this; it's possible ProForma was installed previously and we have put you on the block list for the new forms functionality.

@James Dirks - We are still working on our release plans for forms in JSW, there is no ETA at this stage; however, I agree that forms replacing the Issue Collector is a great idea. It won't be available straight away but we do have it on our backlog.

Thanks,

Simon
PM for ProForma/Forms.

Like # people like this
Jamie Schwartz February 22, 2022

Fixing this comment because I somehow got redirected to this chat that does explain what I needed to know. 

...That said, is it by design or will this be changed - to allow existing requests to have Forms added to them when the Form is created in config after the Request already exists. We're seeing that only new requests can "see" these Forms but existing ones cannot. Thanks! 

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2022

Hi @Jamie Schwartz 👋

You should be able to add a form to an existing request. When you have a request open you can navigate to the Action Menu and select "Add form"

You can also type `.` to open the Action menu and select "Add form". Let me know if that helps.

Eli Solutions Team -Eli Solutions-
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 4, 2022

For those who would like to see JSM and Forms in action to create a Jira Service Desk, please go to this video tutorial: Click Here

cc: @Peter Preston 

PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2022

Anyone else having problems with date/time fields on the forms?

Using the date picker to select the date. But we get the following error on submission:

date picker.png

Anyone else spotted this? I can see that that date picker is of the US format MM/DD/YYYY but in the form setup you cant specify the format. And in the form setup the format preview shows correct of DD/MM/YYYY

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2022

Thanks for sharing @PhilSpo 

I wasn't able to recreate that error? Have you submitted a support ticket for it? 

Dates are displayed in correspondence with the locale selected in your instance's language settings. For example, select English (US) to see dates in the mm/dd/yyyy format.

@mention me here if you'd like to follow up. Happy to help if I can.

Like PhilSpo likes this
PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2022

Thanks @Peter Preston 

Yes I have logged a support ticket. I will let you know what they come back with.

Cheers

tommy March 8, 2022

@Peter Preston 

We've been getting great value out of the forms already so just wanted to say thanks for all the info you've been providing!

I remember seeing a rough timeline for the automation rollout being in March/April and was wondering if there is any update to that? We jumped on board with rolling some forms out but until that automation is available it's requiring some manual effort behind the scenes to add forms.

A followup question - is there anything in the roadmap that would allow for searching via JQL for what issues have a form associated with them? I'm doing this manually now but could see it as a great auditing/validation check for things going forward! (ie. show me all the requests without a form - this would signal an issue)

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2022

Happy to hear it @tommy ! 

Automation --> we're on track for April release of some great automation capabilities. 

JQL to find issues w/forms --> Does this help? http://links.thinktilt.net/find-issues-have-forms

Like tommy likes this
PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2022

@Peter Preston 

Its a known bug

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-10798

If instances aren't using the default Date and Time format in Jira Advanced settings

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events