Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🎉 New! Multilingual support for Forms in Jira Service Management

Hello Atlassian community 👋

We’re excited to announce we’re now supporting multiple languages in Forms in Jira Service Management. You’ll be able to translate your forms into multiple languages so your customers can raise requests in their preferred language in both team-managed and company-managed service projects.

Here’s how it works

Select languages

From your service project, navigate to the form builder, and select the Translate tab to get started. Here you’ll be able to add languages to begin your translations.

AddLanguages2 (1).gif

Add translations

Each language has a status which shows how many translations are left to update, or if translations are complete. To start adding translations, select any field or element on the form, and enter the translation in the side panel. All fields marked with a red dot will indicate whether translations are missing. Continue doing this until all translations on your form are complete.

Translate2.gif

Make it available to customers

Once translations are complete, enable the Available to customers toggle so customers are able to access this language. This is off by default so any untranslated or incorrect forms aren’t automatically visible to customers. Read more about adding translations to forms

MakeAvailable (1).gif

What’s next?

Our team has been hard at work bringing this highly requested feature to Forms in Jira Service Management. Based on your feedback, we’ll be taking note of any future updates you’d like to see, so add comments below if you have any questions or feedback for the team.

12 comments

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2024

Thanks @Sam Knight !! This is a great addition, and I am sure it will be very helpful for many!

Like Sam Knight likes this
Ingo Volkhausen July 11, 2024

Yes, that it exactly what is needed and out now (not too early shipped to be ownest)

Like # people like this
Christoph Wendler July 11, 2024

When will this feature be available in the instance of my org?

Like John Funk likes this
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2024

This is a nice update for me @Sam Knight 

Like # people like this
Antonio Valle _G2_ July 11, 2024

Great addition @Sam Knight ... what if my language is not in the list for the translation? I just see 27 languages, and there are more than 7000 in the world. For example, Bengali has 280 million speakers and is not in the list. Can we create new languages?

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2024

This was a key feature request of mine I asked for a while ago, great to see is released now! Thanks @Sam Knight !

Like # people like this
Dario Alarcón July 11, 2024

Awesome new! Thanks a lot. 🤝

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2024

Thank you, very helpful!

Like # people like this
Chrissy Clements July 11, 2024

Hey @Sam Knight ,

I'm keen to understanding how this works with linked Jira fields. How do field contexts come into play?

We support 12 markets, and historically, some fields and contexts haven't been translatable, which has been a significant challenge. If this solution addresses that issue, it could be a game changer for us!

Like # people like this
Kelly Koblun
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 11, 2024

@Sam Knight Fantastic to see this new feature added!  I have been busy translating my forms and preparing for peer review and hopefully publishing soon.

Two issues I see.

1. Forms utilizing choices linked to Jira fields still can’t be translated.  When translating a form that utilizes this, the choice values are grayed out with the message, "Choices linked to Jira fields can’t be translated.".  When used in a form, it looks unprofessional and awkward to see everything translated except this.  I'm sure the Jira team is not going to consider this feature completed until they have this figured out.

2. Translation is not available for fields with 'default responses' set.  You can translate the Display Name and the Description, but not the Default Response.   Hopefully this can be addressed quickly as it is used extensively in our forms.

Like # people like this
Sam Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2024

Thanks everyone for the messages! We're delighted this is now available and it has been great to see the uptake of this new feature.

To answer the questions above:

• When will this be available for me? For customers on release track, this feature will not be available until the next scheduled release. If you would like to be excluded specifically for this feature please email me and we will enable it for you now.
  • Additional languages. Unfortunately we currently only support languages supported by Jira. This is because we need to be able to match the user's language settings. The language itself will need to be enabled on language support for it to show up.
  • Translating linked Jira field choices. I can see this is an ongoing request. We've passed this feedback onto the appropriate team, understanding that this is even more important now that we support multiple languages in forms.
  • Default responses. Thanks for the suggestion! We're considering this as a near-term improvement. I'll keep everyone updated here.
Like # people like this
Leon Roth July 17, 2024

This is great. Is there any support for i18n in the Forms API yet or will it come in the future?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events