New Forms AMA: Got questions about the new forms in Jira Service Management?

35 comments

Rory Kelly March 28, 2022

Hi! Any new news on when forms will hit automations for jira?

Like Peter Preston likes this
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2022

Hi @Rory Kelly 

Here's what I can tell you:

We're on track to release new Jira Automation forms components mid-April.

I'll post updates about form automation and other releases in the Forms Group. Come join us if you haven't already.

Leo von Klenze April 22, 2022

Hi @Peter Preston ,

what exactly is the field "FIELD KEY" at the end of each field configuration for?

grafik.png

Thank you for your great post!

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2022

Hi @Leo von Klenze 👋

Field keys let you set an identifier for each field/question. This makes it easier to find your question in the JSON data structure.

Christine Byrer June 13, 2022

@Peter Preston We have ProForma Lite app installed in our Jira Cloud Site.  I can see we have Forms (new) listed in left pane of project settings for both Jira Service Management and Jira Software projects.  I'm wanting to utilize the now native version of Forms but wanted to confirm here that Forms has in fact been rolled out to Jira Software.  If so, what can I do to detach the ProForma Lite app?

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2022

Hi @Christine Byrer -- Because you had ProForma installed in Jira Software prior to the launch of the native form builder, you will continue to have access to Forms in Software projects. 

You should be able to uninstall the ProForma Lite app as you would any other Marketplace app. If you get stuck on anything, please contact support. We have forms experts ready to help with this kind of thing. 

Lisa Maria Creuso June 20, 2022

Hi @Peter Preston ,

we use forms for almost all types of service desk requests. One of the features we use the most is that you could still edit the form after submitting the request.

The option in the Forms settings "leave open after submit" allowed us to hide the submit button and allow requesters to edit the forms after submitting.

Unfortunately, this option is no longer available after the last update. Are you planning to reintroduce it?

Thanks!

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2022

Hi @Lisa Maria Creuso 

This image is what you should see in your form settings, including the option to keep forms open.

Could you please confirm what you see in your form settings? If you have something different, we'll figure it out from there.

SCR-20220622-fac.png

Lisa Maria Creuso June 21, 2022

Hi @Peter Preston ,

yes, we have the same settings. The thing that is missing is the "hide submit button".
Was a bit unclear described by me, sorry for that.

Is there a way to hide the submit button again?

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2022

Ah, got it, @Lisa Maria Creuso -- no worries!

The option to "Hide submit button" was removed. I don't believe the team plans to add it back. I'm tagging @Simon Herd to confirm that for you. He's on holiday - I'll come back to you after he's back and we have a chance to talk about this.

Thanks for raising this. 

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events