Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More queues, better queues in Jira Service Management

At JSM, our focus has always been creating the best tools so agents can stay focused on what matters - customers. Today we’re releasing some improvements to the queues experience to support larger agent teams as they tackle customer requests.

Summary of changes

• You can now have up to 300 queues per project
  • Team priority queues are limited to 50 queues

Increased queue limits

image-20230118-233207.png

We’ve increased the number of queues from 50 → 300 per work category, per project. We’ve heard from our customers about a growing need for more queues to better separate and prioritise service requests. These changes ensure JSM can be customised for specific workflows so that agents can focus on the customer and deliver great service.

These limits apply to each work category in a project. You can read more about work categories here.

Team priority queues

image-20230118-233226.png

To better facilitate more queues in a project we have imposed a limit of 50 queues on the Team priority group. This helps keep the overhead for all agents to a minimum and allows individual agents to hone in on the queues they need in the Starred group.

Starred queues

image-20230118-234943.png

With the limit increases, now is an important time to remind agents to star their most important queues. Starred queues are designed to be personalized for them - placing a queue in Starred only changes the order for them. Agents should use Starred to focus on their workflow, these queues are pinned to the top and always up-to-date.

Other queues

A potential 300 queues is a lot to look at all at once - except that Other is designed to minimise distractions and help agent teams focus.

As you add queues and reach the 50 limit in Team priority, new queues will be grouped into Other. We’ve kept the functionality of Other queues the same - they’re still collapsed by default and you’re able to view the issue counts for each queue by selecting them.

These design choices encourage you to keep these queues out of sight and mind unless you’re looking for them and prevent less frequently used queues from impacting your site performance.

Best practice for managing queues at scale?

Whilst queues are straightforward when you first start on JSM - a growing customer base and an increasing number of agents and teams can mean things quickly get out of hand. We’ve created a guide to help you configure your queues as you scale - see here.

Leave us some feedback

We are always looking at queues and how we can improve the experience for Agents and Admins. Do you have tips or suggestions? We would love to hear them. Drop us a comment below.

4 comments

Daniel Franz - JXL
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 1, 2023

Nice improvements, team!

Speaking of managing queues at scale, if anyone needs to scale beyond this and set up cross-project queues, I'd also suggest you check our JXL for Jira.

jxl-demo-cloud-edit-v5.png

It's a Marketplace app free for up to 10 users and with free trial available here on the Atlassian Marketplace (full disclosure: I'm on the JXL team : )

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2023

Hi @Ash Young Thanks for sharing this update!

What I'd still like to see natively:

• Shared queues
  • Nested queues
  • Queues filtered/displayed by groups
  • Expand/collapse queues
  • Queue permissions based on groups
Like # people like this
Ash Young
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2023

Hey @Dave Mathijs thanks for the feedback!

I’m definitely looking into these concepts.

Would you mind sharing more about “Shared” and “Nested” queues and what you expect?

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
Dominik Březina February 17, 2023

It would be nice to have filter options for queues. Without filters I am forced to have more queues. For example:

I have a queue My Open Tickets which is good to keep my focus on important things. But sometimes I need to check my resolved tickets which is just a matter of removing the Unresolved condition. But since I cannot modify filters in queue I need to filter tickets in Advanced issue search or create a specific Queue My tickets just for this case.

So I need to ask. Is there a specific reason why filtering isn´t an option for Queues?

Like Kalin U likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events