JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

SLA Breached Notification YouTube Card.png

Hi Everyone,

In this tutorial, we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.

SLA Threshold Trigger

The SLA threshodl trigger allows you to respond to an SLA that is about to breach, or is already breached, by a threshold determined by you. This allows you to give timely feedback to your customers, alert agents and automatically prioritise requests accordingly.

SLA Threshold Trigger.png

Rule 1: SLA is about to Breach Notification

In the first rule, we send an email notification X minutes before the ticket is about to breach its SLA.

SLA Threshold Trigger:

• SLA: Select the SLA you want to monitor
  • Trigger when SLA has: "will breach in the X minutes"

Send Email Action Template:

Subject:

{{issue.key}} is about to breach its "Time To First Response" SLA in 5 minutes

Content:

Hi Service Agents,

{{issue.key}} will breach its "Time To First Response" SLA in 5 minutes. You should action or reassign it as soon as possible.

Summary:
- Key: {{issue.key}}
- Summary: {{issue.summary}}
- Link: <a href="{{issue.url}}">{{issue.url}}</a>

Cheers,

Your friendly automation bot

Rule 2: SLA Breached Notification

In the second rule, we send an email notification when the ticket has breached it's SLA.

SLA Threshold Trigger:

• Trigger when SLA has: "breached"

Subject:

{{issue.key}} - has breached its "Time To First Response" SLA

Content:

Hi Service Agents,

{{issue.key}} has breached its "Time To First Response" SLA. You must action or reassign it as soon as possible.

Summary:

Cheers,

Rule 3: SLA Breached Reminder Notification

Finally, if the SLA continues to be breached, we send a reminder email notification that the SLA has been breach by more than X minutes.

SLA Threshold Trigger:

• Trigger when SLA has: "breach by more than  X minutes"

Subject:

Reminder: {{issue.key}} has breached its "Time To First Response" SLA

Content:

Hi Service Agents,

This a friendly reminder that {{issue.key}} has breached its "Time To First Response" SLA. You must action or reassign it as soon as possible.

Summary:

Cheers,

Click Here to view the video tutorial.

Thanks,

Eli Solutions

7 comments

Deleted user December 23, 2021

@Eli Solutions Team -Eli Solutions- excellent work, that's how I like articles, clear, fluid, useful. It's a pity that Atlassian still has to rely on the tens of thousands of posts on the community to offer some kind of support on automation for jira. It would be very useful, I think, to create a "product space" for the excellent automation for jira that so many of us use with enormous satisfaction.

Like # people like this
Eli Solutions Team -Eli Solutions-
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 24, 2021

Thanks @[deleted] for the feedback. 

Our next tutorial will be on synchronizing a JSM project and JS projects via automations, so that you can reduce the number of agent licenses required.

Like # people like this
Ash January 6, 2022

Ufff, De verdad que gran y útil articulo. Uno de los mejores que he leído, muchísimas gracias, me sirvio un monton!

Like # people like this
Juldor Jessel Carreño Salcedo January 12, 2022

Justo esto estaba buscando por la configuración del JMS responder a un SLA que está a punto de incumplirse, o ya se ha incumplido. 

Muchas gracias por tan valioso articulo. 

Like # people like this
Shaun Pinney
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2022

hi @[deleted] We have an automation template library here https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/jira-service-management, I'd like to know what else you would like to see in terms of automation templates or tutorials? let me know in the comments or email me directly at spinney@atlassian.com, and thank you for being a customer 

Huw Evans July 22, 2022

It would be nice if Atlassian could be bothered to fix this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-10146

Mark Shell October 28, 2022

I tried this but it's not working.  I see there is a bug against this.  Has anyone actually made this work?

Like James Dirks likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events