Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM Jira Automation: How To Synchronize Statuses between Linked Tickets

Synchronize Linked Tickets Statuses.png

In this video tutorial,  we will show you how you can keep the status of linked tickets in sync between a bug ticket from a Jira Service Management Project and a task from a Jira Software project.

Key Concepts:

1. For Simplicity Keep the Statuses in both workflows the same: If the statuses do not have the same name, you can create separate rules following the same template explained in the video.

2. Ensure that transitions between statuses are available in both workflows.

3.Global Automation: Since the rules affect multiple projects you will require administrator permissions to create the rules.

4. Relationship Link Types: In this example we use the "Relates to" relationship to identify which tickets need to be updated.

5. Smart Values: 

• Status : {{triggerIssue.status.Name}} provides you the status the ticket was transitioned to.
  • Initator's Name: {{initiator.displayName}} provides you with the user's name who triggered the comment. 

Click Here to view the video tutorial.

For the entire JSM and JS Sync Series Click Here.

Thanks,

Eli Solutions

2 comments

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2023

Thank you for sharing this "JSM and Jira Automation" article! Very useful!

Royal Mai July 30, 2023

Hi Eli Solutions Team,

Thank you for your sharing.

Actually, I configurated the same way in your tutorial video but I'm facing an error like the one below:

Screenshot_1.png

And here are two workflows from JS and JSM:

js.pngjsm.png

I've tried to change the workflow but it still not works.

Can you have any advises?

Thank so much.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events