Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing reports for Assets in Jira Service Management

I’m excited to share that Asset reporting for Jira Service Management Premium and Enterprise is now generally available! The rollout is in process and you should notice it in your instance soon.

Assets in Jira Service Management is a centralized repository of your assets, services, and configuration items (CIs). With Assets, your team can track company resources and gain visibility into the relationships between critical applications, services, and the underlying infrastructure. Whether it’s a support ticket, new hire requisition, or purchase order, you can track the reason for acquiring the asset, who it’s assigned to, and its past history.

Asset reporting allows you to analyze and report out on your Assets data to improve decision-making. The out-of-the-box reports can be used for inventory management, lifecycle management, measuring employee productivity, and more. The reports enable you to monitor the health of your asset/CI data, assess its accuracy and completeness, and summarize Jira issues that include asset-related data (for example, incidents impacting laptops).

Asset GA GIF 2.gif

To protect your data, only Jira and site admins are able to use this new functionality. We know you may have confidential information stored in Assets, and for now, have restricted access to Asset reporting only to admins who have default access to all Assets schemas. Rest assured, making it safely available to non-admins is a top priority for our team to solve.

To get started using reporting for Assets:

• Go to Assets
  • Select Reports (next to :cog: Configuration - only visible for Jira admins and site admins)
  • Use the filters to select the object schemas and types you want to analyze

Future releases are already planned as soon as March and include downloadability, exporting, and scheduling. We’re also looking to provide custom reporting functionality later in the year. All in all, we’re excited to continue evolving this functionality to help you better understand and track your technology landscape!

31 comments

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2024

Hi @Rishabh Bansal and thank you for the update!

This will be a valuable feature for all assets users. Not to complain, but are you going to fix the UI and performance as well? It takes a lot of seconds to choose from a it schema with 234 objects, which is a rather small one.

Like # people like this
Simen Vågsæter February 27, 2024

Hi @Rishabh Bansal 

When can we expect this to show up in our site?

Like Hiren_Doshi likes this
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2024

great news!

Trevan Householder_Isos-Tech-Consulting_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2024

@Rishabh Bansal Thank you for the fantastic news!

Can you share a screenshot of what the page will look like when the feature has been added to a site? In other words, what will we see when the feature has been added?

Hiren_Doshi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 28, 2024

Hi @Rishabh Bansal

We are still unable to see the Reports on the Asset page. Is it not rolled out to all customers on Premium and Enterprise plan? 

Can you please check for us?

Thanks

Rishabh Bansal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2024

Hi @Hiren_Doshi @Trevan Householder_Isos-Tech-Consulting_ @Simen Vågsæter

The rollout is in progress and it should be enabled within the next few days for your instances.
If you are either a Product or site admin, you will start seeing the Reports icon next to the configuration.

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 5.38.50 PM.png

Rishabh Bansal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2024

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 
Thank you for reaching out. We've been working on enhancing the dashboard performance over the past few weeks. While we've seen significant improvements since the first release (EAP), we acknowledge there's still room for further enhancement.

Our team is committed to ensuring the dashboard becomes more optimised and user-friendly.

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2024

Thank you for replying to me @Rishabh Bansal ! Looking forward to all performance enhancements!

Like Tracy Kempkes likes this
Felipe Luisi March 6, 2024

@Rishabh Bansal will a Time-In-Status Report be available when this rolls out? I would love a pie chart of one asset or a group of assets showing the amount of time in "Running" status, "Idle" status, or "Out of Order" status, as an example use case. Of course this would show all custom statuses.

Like # people like this
Gizem Gökçe _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 7, 2024

@Felipe Luisi if you need a Time in Status report/chart you don't need to wait for these new JSM features to be released. If you are fine with using a marketplace app for your reports, Time in Status which is developed by my team at OBSS, is the tool I would highly recommend. Our tool can do all the things you mentioned in your comment above. 

If you wish, you can schedule a live demo. We will provide a comprehensive overview of the application and address any inquiries you may have.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2024

@Rishabh Bansal any idea when the UI will be a bit more fixed?

Right now it looks like a zoomed in iframe on an iframe.. it's a good thing we're getting a peak at an early stage but UI really needs some attention :)

Like Miriam Hopton likes this
Patel_ Shivam March 7, 2024

Hi @Rishabh Bansal

I still do not see the reports button in my Jira instance. Do you know when this will be rolled out officially for everyone? Thanks,

-Shivam Patel

Jeremy Steuhl March 7, 2024

I have the reports icon, when I click on it, I get the following:

SCR-20240307-nxrx.png

Miriam Hopton March 7, 2024

Started playing around with the tools - great something finally was released.

Few things pondering after testing out the tool:

• It takes a LONG time to load and having to select the different options as required is not user friendly.
  • It is probably in the roadmap for enhancements but: will there be a way to save your search filters ?
  • And eventually use the saved searches in a dashboard of some sort? Having to rebuild the filter/search is a pain and time consuming. I eventually gave up knowing if I left the page, I had to redo my whole search again. Ideally, would be nice to have saved filter/searches and can share with users who have access to the Assets; in the same way the Jira filters work.
  • Will the AQL be available in this search reporting and could be great in the JQL searches too. 

Just a few ideas/feedback.

Looking forward to more updates...

Like # people like this
Felipe Luisi March 7, 2024

@Gizem Gökçe _OBSS_ does Time in Status work with the Status field of Assets?

Stephen Ironmonger March 8, 2024

Will this work for multiple service desks? i.e., we have a H&A service desk, and IT service desk and an Engineering service desk. They each have/need separate Service lists, Asset lists etc.

Kevin Thibeault March 13, 2024

Is there any news on when reports will be available for anyone but Admins? Thanks. 

Patel_ Shivam March 13, 2024

Hi @Rishabh Bansal

I still do not see the reporting functionality in my Jira instance. Is it still rolling out or do we need to contact you guys directly about this? Thanks,

- Shivam Patel

Rishabh Bansal
Atlassian Team
March 18, 2024

@Dirk Ronsmans We are working on some UI improvements. We'll provide more details soon.

Rishabh Bansal
Atlassian Team
March 18, 2024

@Patel_ Shivam are you on the bundled release? It is not yet rolled out for customers on the release track, but will be done soon.

Rishabh Bansal
Atlassian Team
March 18, 2024

@Jeremy Steuhl We had an issue but it has been resolved now. Please reach out to the support team if you are still facing any issue.

Rishabh Bansal
Atlassian Team
March 18, 2024

Thanks, @Miriam Hopton, for providing your valuable feedback. I'm glad to share that we are working on the saved dashboard view functionality, which should be available soon.

In the meantime, please check this video for the workaround for saving your Asset Dashboard views using the existing functionality.

On the permission part, we are working towards both short-term & long-term solutions. I'll share a more concrete update once we have finalised the solution.

We don't have a plan to support AQL. But we'll take this as feedback and analyze how to support it.

Miriam Hopton March 18, 2024

Thank you, @Rishabh Bansal . Appreciate the time to read my feedback and providing updates. Wonderful, will check out the video to replicate. Looking forward to updates to the Assets.

Thank you - feedback on AQL - would be nice to mix that with the JQL sometime down the line.

Evan Zafir
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 11, 2024

@Rishabh Bansal I'm still not seeing the Reports for my org. Is this something that support needs to be contacted to enable?

Malene Vikkelsø April 15, 2024

I am experiencing the same for some clients as @Evan Zafir Some clients' instances do have the Report-options whereas others do not.

@Rishabh Bansalshould Atlassian Support be contacted for those clients that do not have Asset Reports available?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events