Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improvements to reports for Assets in Jira Service Management!

A few months ago we announced the General Availability of reports for Assets in Jira Service Management. We’re now pleased to introduce several enhancements to help you gain a better understanding of and track your technology landscape! These updates will soon be available to all Premium and Enterprise users of Jira Service Management.

Asset reporting includes out-of-the-box dashboards to help you analyze and report out on your Assets data. The following updates are designed to make it even easier to use these reports for informed decision-making.

Subscribe for regular updates

Stay across the latest and most current data by subscribing to reports. Subscribers will receive scheduled emails with regular updates, eliminating the need to manually check individual reports for progress. Stakeholders can subscribe as well, so you don’t have to manually share reports. Opt in or out of the scheduled updates as needed.

aefe1018-1075-4f5e-aaad-0d98590ba0f5.png

From one dashboard to 4 bite-size reports

Previously, asset reporting had a single lengthy dashboard containing four different reports - objects by attribute, objects by issue, objects over time, and attribute analysis. To make it easier to read these reports and to simplify the visual experience, we’ve broken these reports up into 4 distinct dashboards.

b635d684-bd27-4824-ab7c-11801db53d43.png

Save and update

Effortlessly return to global and chart-level filters by saving your reports. Assign a name for the chart and revisit it at any time. You can also modify saved reports by renaming them or adjusting the filters.

885bd3b5-92fd-4352-b90f-195d372ca177.png

Download and export
Download reports in PDF or CSV format for sharing outside of Atlassian tools or for importing data into other platforms

f7dfe724-33bc-4c69-a309-b5db99273d42.png

Stay tuned for further updates to reporting for assets in Jira Service Management, and let us know what you think of these improvements in the comments!

6 comments

Rick Westbrock June 24, 2024

I would like to see dark mode supported as I'm getting some text blocks with dark background but everything else is white (see image below).

Also is there any update on when reporting will have a permissions model added so that we can extend this feature to users who are not site admins?

assets-reporting-dark-mode.jpg

Like # people like this
Roland Galila
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 27, 2024

Would be nice to be able to adjust the size of the report depending on the zoom selection on the browser.

Bea H July 9, 2024

Love the subscription! But it would be nice to have the option to view multiple object types with different object type attributes and attribute values in the same report. 
Right now I have to build different reports and subscriptions to cover all our data. Would be nice to gather it all in a single report to keep track of all our assets.

Here's an example, you can select multiple Object types, but not multiple object type attributes:

Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 09.06.23.png
Have a good one!

Like # people like this
Diego González
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 9, 2024

Excellent! Good job!

It would be great if we could also create reports based on object changes. Something like, for example, laptops assigned last month.

Like # people like this
Nargis Siddiqui
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 10, 2024

How can I subscribe to the regular reports?  Can someone send me instructions....Thank you ! 

Like Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_ likes this
Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2024

Welcome to the community, @Nargis Siddiqui 👋

I also answered the question that you left in the Jira Service Management Group. But, so people will see it here, too....

The instructions can be found here:

How to use reports for Assets in Jira Service Management

Best,

-dave

Like Nabih El Boustani likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events