Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up a issue security on a request type basis

This workaround is meant to help company-managed projects where it is necessary to block the view of a request type and, for information security reasons, make it visible only to the reporter and a specific agent.

At the moment, the security level is only able to be set to Issue Type and not for a Request Type, we have a feature request created for this topic:

•  JSDCLOUD-10693 - Need to have an ability to set security level at request type

Also, the issue-level security is not available for team-managed projects and unfortunately, we didn’t have a workaround for this yet. There are feature requests suggesting adding issue security on team-managed projects:

For a specific scenario, we only used the JSM Issue Security with a Request Type.

Workaround steps:

• Issue Security:
    • It will be necessary to create a security scheme for your project(please refer to Create an issue security scheme) and these security levels below:
      - Single user (Agent that will have access)
      - Reporter
    •  Note: if you have automation rules that automatically assign tickets to agents, you will need to add the group and project role below to avoid the automation rules from failing:
      - Group (atlassian-addons-admin)
      - Project Role (atlassian-addons-project-access)
  • Issue Type:
    • It will be needed to add the field Security Level to the screen associated with the Issue Type that will be used on the Request Type.
  • Request Type:
    • And it is necessary to add the field Security Level on the Request Type and left as Hidden from the portal with the preset value that will be the Security Level created for this request type.
  • For more information on how to configure these steps, please refer to the video below:

5 comments

Charles Trilha
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2022

SUPER!

Like Bruno Altenhofen likes this
Bruna Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2022

Great!

Masayuki Abe September 4, 2022

Is there a similar functionality for Team Managed Project?

Bruno Altenhofen
Atlassian Team
September 5, 2022

Hey @Masayuki Abe 

Thanks for tipping me off about it!

Allow me to step in just to share with you that there are feature requests suggesting to add issue security on team-managed projects:

Please, click on Vote for this issue and also Watch to receive updates from our product managers.

Thanks,

Masayuki Abe September 5, 2022

Hi @Bruno Altenhofen 

Thanks for letting me know about the feature request. I voted for them!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events