Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to set automatic approvers in JSM from an Insight Object Custom Field

Hi Community,

In this tutorial we will show you how you can automatically set approvers from an insight object's custom field selection using Insight Management and Jira Automation.

Automation Rule:

Automation Rule.png

Advanced Editing Snippet:

{
"update": {
"Approvers": [{
"add": {
"accountId": "{{issue.customfield_id.(Insight Attribute Name)}}"
}
}]
}
}

Regards,

Fabian

3 comments

Can you not just add this smart value to the approvers field rather than use the "advanced" JSON?  {{issue.<insight-custom-field>.<user-attribute>.accoundid}}

Like # people like this

Hi,

thank you @Fabian Lim  and @Gary Blower _Clearvision_  I am currently working on the exact same issue and you pushed me into the right direction.

After a few tries I have the following results. You can change the Trigger to issue creation, but for testing the manually triggered is much more convinient 

1. Example: Insight Field only contains 1 User

This works like @Gary Blower _Clearvision_  suggested

access_ONE.JPG

{{issue.customfield_10093.Manager.accountId}}

2. Example: Insight Field contains multiple Users

This example took some investigations, but finally i have the following solution.

access_multiple.JPG

{
"fields": {
"Approvers": {{customfield_10093.Manager.flatten.asJsonObjectArray("accountId")}}
}
}

The Portal will only have the application and description. The Summary is set to a fixed value.

The summary is to be automatically supplemented in the future with the selected application.

Like Fabian Lim likes this

I want to automatically add a reporter as  a approval, but there is no option to add a reporter can I get any smartvalue?

Comment

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events