Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Downgrade Jira Service Management from Standard to Free

There are two steps to downgrade from Jira Service Management Standard to Jira Service Management Free. The process will take about five minutes to complete.

1. Remove agents so you have no more than 3 (the maximum allowed for free).

2. Change your plan from Standard to Free.

If you still have questions, head to the FAQs at the bottom of this page.

Here’s how to downgrade: 

STEP 1: REMOVE AN AGENT

1. Go to admin.atlassian.com and click “Manage users” on the site that you’d like to remove agents from.

Admin main screen.jpg

2. Select the agent that you’d like to remove. Click on the three dots by their name.

Group 13.jpg

3. In the dropdown, select “Show details.”

Group 15.jpg

4. Under Product roles for Jira Service Management, select “None.” You will see a confirmation pop up in the bottom left corner. 

Group 5.jpg

5. Continue steps 1-4 until you have 3 agents or less listed for the product.

STEP 2: CHANGE YOUR PLAN TO FREE

1. Go to admin.atlassian.com. Select the site’s name of the plan you’d like to change.

Group 6.jpg

2. In the top navigation bar, go to “Billing.”

Group 7.jpg

3. Click “Manage subscription.”

Group 8.jpg

4. Under the Jira Service Management product section, click the “Change” link to change your plan type.

Group 10.jpg

5. In the Manage subscriptions page, you will see the plan for each product under its subscription details. Click “Select Free.”

Group 11.jpg

6. After you agree to the Atlassian Cloud Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, select “Confirm plan change.”

Group 12.jpg

7. You’ll see a confirmation pop up in the bottom left window.

Group 13.jpg

And that’s it, you have now completed the steps to downgrade your Jira Service Management plan from Standard to Free. 

FAQs

• Why am I on a Standard plan? I thought I was using the Free version of Jira Service Management.

• If you have more than 3 agents on your product, you will automatically be upgraded to Jira Service Management Standard because the agent limit for Jira Service Management Free is 3 agents.

• What are the differences between Jira Service Management Free and Standard?

• Feel free to check out this chart to see the differences between all of the Jira Service Management product plans.

• I don’t think the message that I got about downgrading to Free applies to me. Why did I get it?

• If you have 3 agents or less and are on the Free version of Jira Service Management, you should be ok to not take any action to change your plan.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events