Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Access Opsgenie from Jira Service Management Cloud

Summary

When you purchase the Jira Service Management Product and grant Users licenses to JSM, they automatically have access to Opsgenie. This is because when purchasing JSM as a Product for any plan type you automatically get Opsgenie included in your JSM subscription. But how do your Users with JSM Licenses access Opsgenie?

How to access Opsgenie

For your JSM Users to access Opsgenie you can either:

• Navigate to the Service Project: go to Project Settings > Features and click on either Alerts By Opsgenie - or - On-call By Opsgenie. This will open up your Opsgenie site in a new tab. Please see the top screenshot for reference.
    • If you were to enable the Alerts By Opsgenie Feature in your Service Project you will then be able to access your Opsgenie site from the front of the Service Project by clicking the Alerts button, which will open Opsgenie in a new tab. Please see the bottom screenshot for reference.
  • Navigate to your site using: https://yourdomainname.app.opsgenie.com/ , however, this may not work as expected as some site names do include a "1" at the end of the domain name, such as: "https://yourdomainname1.app.opsgenie.com/". Feel free to test with either domain name setup to open your Opsgenie instance directly.

Supporting Screenshots:

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 7.52.57 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-02-27 at 7.53.44 PM.png

Please note: It is not possible to revoke Opsgenie site access for JSM Users (without removing their JSM license) in the merged instance of OG/JSM, it's only possible with Opsgenie standalone. This is because User Management and billing is separate in Opsgenie standalone.

To elaborate, when purchasing the JSM Product in your Jira Cloud site, Opsgenie is essentially "Free" with Jira Service Management as Billing and User Management is merged with Opsgenie and Jira Service Management.

Lastly, you cannot remove Opsgenie from your Jira Service Management product to reduce license costs specifically. But, you can make Opsgenie standalone to separate licensing or remove Opsgenie from being linked with JSM. In those two scenarios, please contact Atlassian Support from: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

I hope this helps!

All the best,

Christian B.

5 comments

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2023

Informative article !! @Christian Beaulieu  

Like Christian Beaulieu likes this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2023

I didn't know that an Opsgenie license is/was included in JSM, thanks for the confirmation @Christian Beaulieu .

Like Christian Beaulieu likes this
Troy Anderson April 13, 2023

OpsGenie??  Maybe a high-level description of what it can be used for?

Like Albert van Biljon likes this
Jamie Bell August 6, 2023

Wow, Atlassian needs to make this much clearer from the second someone activates a JSM license. Same with Confluence. I've wasted time looking at Opsgenie thinking 'why is this separate product showing & how can I hide it until I know I need it'... but as it doesn't show as an add on or separate product that's a dead end. Great that it's free & has obvious uses/benefits, but please let customers know this when signing up for JSM. :)

Like # people like this
Andrey Kiyanovsky January 9, 2024

Could you please add the "merged" Opsgenie link to the top-left product menu? For some reason, only standalone Opsgenie is shown there.

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events