Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Duplicate request type available in Jira Service Management Cloud

Hi all, 

Jira Service Management has just rolled out a feature that allows you to duplicate request types within a project so you can create your service catalogs faster. This is designed to allow you to save time if you have multiple request types that are very similar. 

To use the feature, click on "Project Settings" > "Request types" and then select the ellipsis menu (see below). 

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 5.29.53 pm.png

You will then be prompted to rename the request type, update the description and select an appropriate icon. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 5.33.52 pm.png

Once created, your new request type will contain the same configuration as your original request type. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 5.36.54 pm.png

While this does copy the vast majority of the request type configuration, it does not copy any associated forms and any JQL set to the Request Type level will need to be updated. 

This is just the first step, we are hoping to later enable the ability to copy request types across projects, although this is not expected this calendar year (sorry, I wish we could get it out earlier!). 

So, give this new feature a try and let us know if you have any feedback or thoughts. We'd love to hear from you. 

Best regards,

Jehan Gonsalkorale

Product Manager, Jira Service Management

9 comments

Good stuff @Jehan Gonsalkorale . However, one question. Can It copy plugin data/validations?

Like Jehan Gonsalkorale likes this

My colleague @Ahmed Zeb whished for this feature and it is released :)

Like # people like this

Thanks @Muhammad Fahad great to know this feature will be useful to you.

I'm not sure about plugins as this will depend on how they are implemented. Jira configuration from the issue type and its associated screen scheme, field configuration, workflow and context will obviously continue as per usual and request type configuration such as hidden fields with preset values, required fields, field help, field names and request form help will also be copied. 

Which plugin data/validations are you using? 

Like Kalin U likes this

Great news, thanks for this update 💪
Just tried it, it works perfectly!

Like # people like this

I cannot see the list as in the screenshot here, When I open the Request Types section. screen goes directly on the fort one.

SO I don't see the list to duplicate it. 

Can you help me on this please?

@Vincenzo Favara, could you share a screenshot? I suspect this is because you have work categories selected, which would result in request types being split into their respective groups, including "Unassigned" where no group is mapped. The duplicate option should still appear but you will also have other options like "move". 

Essentially, you should have this for all your request types when you click on the three dot menu. 

If you could share a screenshot, I'll be better able to figure out what might be happening. 

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Jehan

Nice.
I'm guessing this should be super easy to make available on Datacenter as well?

Like Jordan Wilkinson likes this

Great feature @Jehan Gonsalkorale it will save us a lot of time!

John M Funk Community Leader May 21, 2022

Thanks as always @Jehan Gonsalkorale !!!

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

203 views 0 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you