Do you use Jira Service Management for non-IT teams?

Note: Due to the overwhelming response, I may take some time to get back to you but would appreciate hearing from you!

To the awesome folks here on Community!

My name is Jehan and I'm a product manager on Jira Service Management. We are looking to talk to any of you out there that use our product for non-technical teams such as HR, marketing, facilities, data analytics, legal, catering, fleet etc. 

Essentially, any internal business team that uses our product or, failing that, an internal team that considered our product but ended up using a different solution. 

We'd love to have a chat to better understand your needs so we can develop a better product. 

So, why should you get in touch? If you take the time to share your needs with us:

• I'll happily make sure we cover your broader needs with Jira Service management either on the call or on a follow-up call
  • You'll be welcome to stay in touch and contact me if you have any issues or general product questions in future

If you'd like to get in touch, you can reach me by email at: jgonsalkorale@atlassian.com

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Jehan Gonsalkorale

Product Manager, Jira Service Management

34 comments

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2022

Hi @Jehan Gonsalkorale 

I know couple of references of our customers who are using its for tracking the education guide, HR activities & Marketing stuffs.

We are internally using it to track our Service contracts with our customers.

Let me know if I can be of any help here

Thanks,

Pramodh

Like # people like this
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2022

Hi @Jehan Gonsalkorale ,

We use JSM for HR activities, Global security related

Like Jehan Gonsalkorale likes this
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2022

@Jehan Gonsalkorale -

Hi there:

Just email you and would be glad to participate in your study.  Currently non-IT groups are - HR, Learning and Development, Corp Security and many other teams waiting on deck for their JSM setups.

Best, Joseph

Like # people like this
Jehan Gonsalkorale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2022

Hi @Rilwan Ahmed and @Pramodh M ,

I'd love to get in touch! Could you send me an email at jgonsalkorale@atlassian.com? 

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Jehan

Like Pramodh M likes this
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2022

Hi @Jehan Gonsalkorale 

I have worked with a number of organisations outside the SDLC space who have implemented JSM(D) and am happy to talk with you about these. pfox{at}adaptavist.com

Phill

Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2022

Hi @Jehan Gonsalkorale ,

definitely yes. We have implemented HR and other none IT use cases with several clients.

JSM is to good to not use it for other stuff.

Ingo Wenke August 2, 2022

We use JSM for following two groups of customers of our retail business:

• B2C portal for all requests about our products and order tracking and complaint management
  • B2B portal for all business partners like resellers and technical service partners for our products. Here we provide technical manuals, service and repair instructions via KB and process large orders within JSM.

We have integrated JSM B2C, JSM B2B and internal Jira processes for manufacturing with automation to keep all parties up to date with different level of information about our build to order products.

This is absolutely non IT :)

Dave Compas August 3, 2022

Would love to get more info on how JSM is being leveraged as a CRM for external users and how we can architect it out for security and access such that certain external customers (users) can only see and/or access the portal we want them to see.  Currently still on Jira/JSM Data Center

Michiel Schuijer August 4, 2022

Hi, indeed we are using Jira SM for non-tech units. We have projects for the following units:

1. HR
  2. Legal
  3. Travel
  4. Procurement
  5. Intellectual Properties

And possibly a couple more which could be considered non-tech or tech, depending on the way you look at it.

Let me know if you are interested to learn more via DM.

Cheers

Kellan Marvel August 4, 2022

Oh my goodness, yes.  In the last year I've helped configure and deploy four separate projects of Jira Service Management.  Teams in our business are finding it's a great solution to replace their group emails full of customer requests.

Edit: emailed you, Jehan.

Ammar Ahmed Butt
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2022

Yep! @Jehan Gonsalkorale 

I have been using it for many teams, UI UX - Design Team, Marketing team, help center for internal users, DevOps team, etc. 

screencapture-shopdev-atlassian-net-servicedesk-customer-portals-2022-08-06-04_45_01.png

Jehan Gonsalkorale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2022

Hi @Ammar Ahmed Butt , please get in touch! I'd love to talk to you. You can reach me at jgonsalkorale@atlassian.com 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Like Ammar Ahmed Butt likes this
Ulf Meitzel August 8, 2022

Hi @Jehan Gonsalkorale,

Yes, we are!
We're about to use insight for our scheduled service and preventive maintenance topics on bus and train fleets.
We use Forms to initialize external service contractors and create objects. Providing commissioning reports and workflows.

We test the portal as a customer interface to provide first level support, initializing & tracking of claim and RMA procedures.

So far almost everything we try works great! We synchronize the whole claim procedure with our on-premise Jira so that other involved units may continue to work the issue, and receive the reporting.

We intend to use the interaction of Confluence and JSM to improve our Tender and Requirements management. First tests where promising.

However, we discovered the first blockers as well.
Such as the X-Frame option for the Portal. It is a true showstopper for us using the Portal as a customer interface within our website.

Kind regards,

Ulf

Elmer Hahn August 11, 2022

We use JSM for 
Studio intakes ( development )
Facilities
IT
Operations
HR (Soon)
Security Teams
Global Readiness
BI
Change Control

Haddon Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2022

Hey @Jehan Gonsalkorale , we have two types of teams using JSM:

• The actual IT and service teams enjoy it quite a bit - there's a ton more promised than delivered (almost all of the newer, purpose-built functionality seems only 50% complete) but the stuff that works is useful.

• People who saw the sexy customer portal and said "I want that". These users are both frustrated (almost all of the functionality is unhelpful to their purposes, the UX for them and their Jira-seated customers is bad, and there's no mechanism to change without a full migration) and frustrating to me (they cost twice as much, I can't really do much to help them).

Would love to talk about how we can make this better for both sides :)

Keith Jones
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2022

We use JSM for HR and Facilities - primarily handling onboarding/offboarding activities through automation and templates, which handles both the coordination of tasks and the documentation needed for auditors. 

We also use JSM as a means to intake and document enhancement requests that may exist in an open status for months.

Paul McCourt August 11, 2022

@Jehan Gonsalkorale ,

We use it for management of company assets like suppliers, processes, risks, contracts and relationships. This is fully cross-functional in our org including teams as diverse as Finance, Legal, HR, Facilities, and various technical departments.

Get in touch if you want to have a chat, Paul

Like sofia rolland likes this
Derek Wailes August 11, 2022

Hi
We use it for supporting applications such as JIRA, and all the other tooling.
Its alos used for administration, intake work to product backlog and supporting finance applications

Starting to use it for IT development work and Factory Production Changes

Happy to chat
Regs

Derek

DamCoder
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2022

We have begun a path to Enterprise Service Management and some of the early adopters of JSM have been Properties Management, Fleet Management, and HR Onboarding / Offboarding. 

We will be adding Training & Development, GIS, and some operations workflows around change management during the remainder of this year.

Jeremy Steuhl August 11, 2022

We use JSM for:

• IT service desk
  • HR Employee Onboarding/Offboarding
  • Marketing
  • HR Job applications
Peter Anderson August 11, 2022

We are a niche product insurance agency that began using Jira in 2007 to manage our digital inbound “noise”.  15 years later, we now use Jira Service Management.  (I have never understood why Atlassian chose this name, as Jira Service Desk defines the essence of how we work and communicate daily; however, I digress.)

JSM handles all inbound chat transcripts, quote requests for our musical instrument insurance practice, All inbound communication flows into a single email address and Jira snags and tickets.   We then utilize JSM for sending quotes via templates residing in Confluence.     Insureds and new business prospects communicate with us daily as well, responding to questions, sending answers to us for our underwriting as well as documenting our Jira ticket # with appraisals, or bills of sale or instrument photos and the like.  I hope this helps, Jehan.

Like # people like this
Peter Anderson August 11, 2022

And PS, to keep this message positive, I am not going to persist and delve into the quagmire on how poorly Atlassian handles HTML.  A never-ending puzzle, frustration, and battle.  

Like Haddon Fisher likes this
Hannah Godfrey August 11, 2022

Hi,

We use JSM in our HR team and have some good suggestions 😊

Michelle.VanRooyen August 11, 2022

Hello @Jehan Gonsalkorale 

We current utilise JSM for our finance, people experience, travel & expenses, IT Helpdesk and operational teams. Would love to chat to you about this! 

soraa.kim-pueschel@ubitricity.com August 12, 2022

Hi @Jehan Gonsalkorale  

outside of IT we use JSM in Operations for

1. Customer Support and 
  2. Managing our technicians in the field who service/maintain our EV charge points 

It was rather quick to set up by non-IT people (incl. myself) and very powerful at the same time.

As JSM is designed for IT, I find it often hard to filter out relevant information for my pusposes from your general product information (newsletter etc.). Also some adjustments being rolled out and then just being live in our system I find hard to handle, as quite regularly it causes troubles in the teams' day-to-day work and I need to urgently "fix" it (deep dive into the changes and find a workaround for us). Also several functionalities - designed for a different purpose of course - are often hard / not possible to utilize for our use cases. 

This was my feedback in a nutshell ;)

We have decided (for multiple reasons) to move away from JSM for Operations and will turn to a different solution probably mid next year. 

Happy to get in touch in case you want to explore more on our use case.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events